27th Hunar Haat in Bhopal
- 27th “Hunar Haat” was started at Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh from 12th March, 2021 with “Commitment to Swadeshi & Swavalamban” (self-sustenance) and “Resolve to Self-reliant India”.
The Union Minority Affairs Ministry organized the Hunar Haat at Lal Parade Ground, Bhopal, with the theme of ‘Vocal for Local’ till 21st March, 2021.
More than 600 artisans, craftsmen from more than 31 States/UTs were participated in the “Hunar Haat” in Bhopal.
Next “Hunar Haat” will be organized in Dehradun (9 April to 18 April) & Surat (23 April to 2 May).
'Mera Ration' Mobile App
- Secretary of Department of Food & Public Distribution under Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Shri Sudhanshu Pandey launched “Mera Ration” mobile app, on 12 March 2021, during a Press Conference on “One Nation One Ration Card” plan.
Mobile Application “MERA RATION” has been developed by Department in association with NIC.
The mobile application is to facilitate various ONORC related services among NFSA beneficiaries, particularly migrant beneficiaries, FPS dealers and other relevant stakeholders. This app will benefit especially those ration card holders who move to new areas for livelihoods.
12th edition of the Calicut Half Marathon 2021
- The 12th edition of the Calicut Half Marathon was virtually organized from 19th March to 21st March 2021.
IIM Kozhikode launched the Calicut Half Marathon 2021. The theme of the Calicut Half Marathon 2021 was “Better Together: United Despite Distances”.
The marathon included three categories, a 21 km Half Marathon, a 10 km Mini-Marathon and a 3 km “Dream Run”.
4th edition of Global Ayurveda Festival, 2021
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi on 12 March 2021 addressed the fourth edition of Global Ayurveda Festival through virtual mode.
A virtual Conference and Expo, Global Ayurveda Festival 2021 was organized in Kerala from 12th March to 19th March, 2021.
This event was organized on online platform by Centre for Innovation in Science and Social Action (CISSA).
Focal Theme of the GAF 2021:
International Ayurveda Seminar: Strengthening Host Defence System – Ayurveda A Potential Promise
International Delegate Assembly: Globalizing Ayurveda – Scope, Challenges and Solutions
International Business Meet: Global Ayurveda Pharmacy – Practices, Possibilities and Policies
Afghan Foreign Minister visited India
- Afghan Foreign Minister Mohammad Haneef Atmar was arrived in India on a three day visit against the backdrop of renewed efforts to speed up the peace process in Afghanistan on 22 March 2021.
International Olympic Committee President
- International Olympic Committee (IOC) President Thomas Bach has been re-elected for an additional four-year term as President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) on 10 March 2021. Olympic champion Thomas Bach will remain as President of the IOC until 2025.
36th Inception Day of NCRB
- National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) celebrated its 36th Inception Day on 11th March 2021.
National Safety Day 2021
- National Safety Day is celebrated on March 4 every year in India. It is observed with the purpose of creating awareness among people with respect to safety measures.
National Safety Day 2021 was focus on road safety and the theme was “SADAK SURAKSHA (road safety)”.
This Year, National Safety Week was observed from March 4 to March 10, in order to highlight the importance of safety on the roads.