- Films Division, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, on 6th December, 2020 i.e. on 64th death anniversary of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar, screened a biographical documentary ‘Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar’ on his life and works. It was streamed on Films Division Website & You Tube.
Passage Exercise 2020:
- The Indian Navy (IN) & the Russian Federation Navy participated in Passage Exercise (PASSEX) in the Eastern Indian Ocean Region (IOR) from 4 December to 5 December 2020.
The exercise is aimed at enhancing interoperability, improving understanding and imbibing best practices between both the friendly navies.
In this Exercise involved advanced surface and anti-submarine warfare exercises, weapon firings, seamanship exercises and helicopter operations.
Global Teacher Prize 2020:
- Ranjitsinh Disale won the one-million US dollar ‘Global Teacher Prize 2020’ for promoting girls’ education. He is a teacher at the Zilla Parishad school in Paritewadi, Solapur district of Maharastra. The award has been given by the London-based Varkey Foundation and UNESCO.
He was awarded in recognition of his efforts to promote girls’ education and initiating a quick-response (QR) coded textbook revolution in India.
India’s 100 richest women for 2020:
- Kotak Wealth Management, a division of Kotak Mahindra Bank, and Hurun India has announced list of India’s 100 richest women for 2020. The listing is based on the net worth of women as on September 30, 2020.
Chairperson of HCL Technologies’ Roshni Nadar Malhotra has topped in the list with a net worth of Rs 54,850 crore, & chairperson of Biocon Limited, Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw is at second position with a net worth of Rs 36,600 crore.
Top five richest women for 2020:
- Roshni Nadar Malhotra (Chairperson of HCL Technologies)
- Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw (Chairperson of Biocon)
- Leena Gandhi Tewari (Chairperson of USV Private Limited)
- Nilima Motaparti (Divi’s Laboratories Ltd.)
- Radha Vembu (Owner of a majority stake in Zoho Corporation)
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, has signed a memorandum of understanding on December 2, 2020 with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) in the field of intellectual property cooperation. The MoU aims at increasing Intellectual Property Cooperation between the two countries.
True Colors Film Festival 2020:
- A free online film festival True Colors Film Festival 2020 (TCFF) being held from December 3 to December 12, 2020. In festival selection of films reflects the “One World, One Family” theme.
This is organizing by True Colors Festival Teams, Tokyo & Singapore. True Colors Festival (TCF) is presenting by The Nippon Foundation DIVERSITY IN THE ARTS (DITA).
- Google announced that Poly, 3D-object creation and library platform will be shut down on June 30, 2021. Users will not be able to upload new 3D models on Poly after April 30, 2021. Users can download entire library, after June 30, 2021 Poly will no longer be accessible.
- The Senior Individual World Cup will be held from December 12 to December 18, 2020 in Belgrade, Serbia. 24 wrestlers including Ravi Kumar, Deepak Punia, Sakshi Malik will participate to represent India in Wrestling World Cup.