Tri-services ‘Military Exercise Kavach’:
- A large scale Joint Military exercise – ‘Exercise Kavach’ involving assets of Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian Air Force and Indian Coast Guard was conducted under the aegis of the Andaman and Nicobar Command. The Andaman and Nicobar Command (ANC) is the only Joint Forces Command of the country.
The tri-services exercise involves synergised application of maritime surveillance assets, coordinated air and maritime strikes, air defence, submarine and landing operations.
The joint force executed multi-domain, high-intensity offensive and defensive manoeuvres in the Andaman Sea and Bay of Bengal.
Water Metro Project in Kochi:
- Chief Minister of Kerala Pinarayi Vijayan will officially inaugurate the prestigious Water Metro Project, on February 22.
Kochi Metro Rail Ltd (KMRL) is implementing the project & commercial operations will be launched on March 1. Initially, it will launch operations on the Vyttila-Infopark route.
The Rs 747-crore Water Metro project will be introduce a fleet of 78 air-conditioned ferries in the Greater Kochi area.
Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2021:
- The Government of India has been awarded the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar 2021 to the 32 children from different states & UT. The awardee children are from 32 districts of 21 States/UTs.
Tender of 44 rakes of Vande Bharat train sets:
- Hyderabad-based indigenous manufacturer of railway products, Medha Servo Drives wins contract of Rs 2,211 crore for 44 rakes of Vande Bharat train sets.
Raksha Mantri Padak & Commendation Cards: (रक्षा मंत्री पदक और प्रशस्ति पत्र)
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh visited to National Cadet Corps (NCC) Republic Day Camp 2021, on January 21, 2021.
He conferred ‘Raksha Mantri Padak’ and Commendation Cards to NCC Cadets, for their exemplary performance and devotion to duty. The event was organized at Delhi Cantt, New Delhi.
Two NCC Cadets has been conferred with the Raksha Mantri Padak:
- Senior Under Officer (SUO), Prashant Kumar Tiwari of Bihar & Jharkhand Directorate
- Lt Commander, Jitendra Pal Singh of Uttar Pradesh Directorate
The Raksha Mantri Padak was instituted in 1989.
Film City Complex in Sikkim:
- As per the proposal, the Government of Sikkim has decided to set up a Film City Complex in the vicinity of the capital city of Gangtok in an area measuring over 10 acres. Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh was briefed about the proposed Film City in Sikkim by by a team of senior officers of the State Government of Sikkim.
The Film City Complex envisages an Acting School, different kinds of Film Sets as well as Artificial Sets, Ramps for fashion events, Miniplex Cinema, Amphi Theatre, Mobile Theatre, Concert Halls, Recreation Park, Editing Studios, Sound Studios, etc.