2nd Anniversary of India Science, Nation’s Science & Technology OTT:
- India Science, Nation’s Science & Technology OTT (Over-the-top) channel has completed its second year of existence successfully on January 15th, 2021.
It is managed by Vigyan Prasar, an autonomous organization of the Department of Science & Technology.
This channel was formally launched on January 15, 2019.
This channel aims to create scientific awareness and consciousness among the citizens of the country through the latest technology prevalent today.
Union Budget Mobile App:
- Finance Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman launched the ‘Union Budget Mobile App’ for hassle-free access of Budget documents by Members of Parliament (MPs) and the general public.
The mobile App facilitates complete access to 14 Union Budget documents, including the Annual Financial Statement (commonly known as Budget), Demand for Grants (DG), Finance Bill etc.
‘e-EPIC’ (Electronic Electoral Photo Identity Card):
- The Election Commission of India formally launched the ‘e-EPIC’ (Electronic Electoral Photo Identity Card) programme on January 25, 2021 i.e. on National Voter’s Day.
It can be downloaded on a mobile or a computer. ‘e-EPIC’ is a non-editable secure PDF version of EPIC.
India’s First Sandalwood Museum:
- India’s first sandalwood museum, set up at Aranya Bhavan in the city of Mysuru, Karnataka, which has been formally inaugurated on 25th January 2021.
In this first-of-its-kind museum, over 20 species of sandalwood and its logs are kept for display.
In this museum several handicrafts and sandalwood products manufactured and designed by Karnataka Soaps and Detergents Limited and Karnataka State Arts and Crafts Emporium are also kept for display.
The newly inaugurated Sandalwood Museum, developed by the Forest Department may be shifted to the Mysuru zoo campus.
Zanskar Winter Sports & Youth Festival 2021:
- Zanskar Winter Sports & Youth Festival 2021 was held from 18th January to 30th January, 2021.
A host of outdoor activities was organised in the picturesque Zanskar Valley of the Union Territory of Ladakh.
It was organised by Dept. of Sports & Youth Services under the Khelo India banner in collaboration with the Ladakh Tourism Department.
In the first-ever Zanskar Winter Sports & Youth Festival, Chadar trek, snow skiing, snow scooter and hiking, ice hockey, and others games were the main attractions.
Union Minister for Sports & Youth Affairs, Shri Kiren Rijiju, attended this Khelo India Winter Games and said that he will create sports facilities in every village of Leh and Ladakh.