⇒ Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi visited Uttar Pradesh on 16th July, 2022. He inaugurated Bundelkhand Expressway at Kaitheri village in Orai tehsil of Jalaun district, Uttar Pradesh.
The government has been committed to enhancing connectivity across the country, a key feature of which has been the work towards improvement in road infrastructure.
- The 296 Km, four-lane expressway has been constructed at a cost of around Rs 14,850 crores, under the aegis of Uttar Pradesh Expressways Industrial Development Authority (UPEIDA), and can later be expanded upto six lanes as well.
- It extends from NH-35 at Gonda village near Bharatkoop in Chitrakoot district to near Kudrail village in Etawah district, where it merges with the Agra-Lucknow expressway.
- It passes through seven districts, viz Chitrakoot, Banda, Mahoba, Hamirpur, Jalaun, Auraiya and Etawah.
Chairman of Khadi and Village Industries Commission
⇒ The newly-appointed Chairman of Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC), Shri Manoj Kumar assumed the charge on 15th July 2022.
Shri Manoj Kumar, who has worked as Expert Member (Marketing) at KVIC, has a vast experience in the areas of marketing and rural development.
The Khadii and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) is a statutory body formed in April 1957 by the Government of India, under the Act of Parliament, ‘Khadi and Village Industries Commission Act of 1956’.
INS Sindhudhvaj Decommissioned after 35 Years
⇒ INS Sindhudhvaj bid adieu to Indian Navy on 16 Jul 2022, serving for a glorious period of 35 years.
- The submarine crest depicts a gray colour nurse shark and the name means flag bearer at sea.
- Sindhudhvaj, as the name suggests, was the flag bearer of indigenisation and Indian Navy’s efforts towards achieving Atmanirbharta in the Russian built Sindhughosh class submarines throughout her journey in the navy.
- She had many a first to her credit including operationalisation of the indigenised sonar USHUS, Indigenised Satellite Communication systems Rukmani and MSS, Inertial Navigation System and Indigenised Torpedo Fire Control System.
- Sindhudhwaj also successfully undertook mating and personnel transfer with Deep Submergence Rescue Vessel, and is the only submarine to be awarded the CNS Rolling Trophy for Innovation by Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
NHA hosts its first ever open-to-all hackathon series
⇒ The National Health Authority (NHA) hosting its first ever open-to-all hackathon series to drive ideation and innovations around the different building blocks in the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) ecosystem.
- The series began with a hackathon – ‘Round 1: Kickstarting Unified Health Interface (UHI)’ from 14th to 17th July 2022.
The hackathon was focussed on the Unified Health Interface (UHI) and aimed at mobilising the health start-up ecosystem in India and bringing together individuals and organisations to develop solutions through UHI.
The hackathon provides an excellent opportunity for innovators, data experts and developers from all over the world to collaborate and build innovative solutions for providing access to digital health services through UHI.
‘ABDM Hackathon Series – Round 1: Kickstarting UHI’ was focused on two major themes:
Innovation Track: Challenge for innovative solutions to power digital health in an open network around various use cases such as teleconsultation, ambulance booking, lab tests, physical consultation booking, lab tests booking.
Integration Track: Challenge to accelerate development of applications that are compatible with UHI and integrate these applications with the applications of other such participants to enable digital health transactions on the UHI network.
- UHI is designed as an open network to enable the interoperable transaction of digital health services such as teleconsultation.
- Through UHI, patients can discover, book, conduct and pay for services offered by a variety of participating providers from any application of their choosing.
- This stands in contrast to the current mode of digital health service delivery, where patients and doctors must transact using a common application or platform.
India Rankings 2022 of Higher Educational Institutes
⇒ The Union Minister Education, Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan released the India Rankings 2022 of higher educational institutes on 15 July 2022.
- India Rankings 2022 is ranking of higher educational institutions on performance. This is the seventh consecutive edition of India Rankings of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in India.
2022 Singapore Open
⇒ The 2022 Singapore Open was a badminton tournament that took place at Singapore Indoor Stadium in Singapore from 12 to 17 July 2022.
- The 2022 Singapore Open was the fourteenth tournament of the 2022 BWF World Tour.
- It was also part of the Singapore Open championships, which had been held since 1929.
- This tournament was organized by the Singapore Badminton Association with sanction from the BWF (Badminton World Federation).
PV Sindhu won the first Super 500 title of her career when she defeated reigning Asian champion Wang Zhi Yi of China 21-9, 11-21, 21-15 in the final of the Singapore Open on 17 July 2022.
Winners of Singapore Badminton Open 2022:
Anthony Sinisuka Ginting (Indonesia) defeated Kodai Naraoka (Japan)
P V Sindhu (India) defeated Wang Zhiyi (China)
Leo Rolly Carnando (Indonesia) & Daniel Marthin (Indonesia) defetaed Fajar Alfian (Indonesia) & Muhammad Rian Ardianto (Indonesia)
Apriyani Rahayu (Indonesia) & Siti Fadia Silva Ramadhanti (Indonesia) defeated Zhang Shuxian (China) & Zheng Yu (China)
Dechapol Puavaranukroh (Thailand) & Sapsiree Taerattanachai (Thailand) defetaed Wang Yilyu (China) & Huang Dongping (China)