Global Patidar Business Summit (GPBS) 2022
⇒ The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the Global Patidar Business Summit (GPBS) 2022, organized by Sardardham, on 29th April, 2022.
- This year the three-day Summit was held in Surat from 29th April to 1st May 2022.
The main theme of GPBS 2022 was “Aatmanirbhar Community to Aatmanirbhar Gujarat and India”.
» The aim of the Summit was to bring together small, medium and large enterprises within the community; nurture and support new entrepreneurs and provide training and employment assistance to the educated youth.
- The three-day Summit covered various aspects of government industrial policy, MSMEs, start-ups, innovation, among others.
- Sardardham is organizing GPBS under ‘Mission 2026’ to provide an impetus to socio-economic development of Patidar community.
- The Summit is organized every two years. The first two Summits were held in Gandhinagar in 2018 and 2020.
SemiconIndia Conference 2022
⇒ Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the first ever SemiconIndia Conference 2022 in Bengaluru on 29 April 2022.
The SemiconIndia Conference 2022 was organized by Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology. The flagship conclave was held at ITC Gardenia in Bengaluru from 29th April to 1st May 2022.
Phase 1 of the 2nd edition of the Atal New India Challenge (ANIC 2.0)
⇒ Atal Innovation Mission launched the phase 1 of the 2nd edition of the Atal New India Challenge (ANIC 2.0) on 28th April 2022.
» Atal New India Challenge is a flagship program of Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog. The program aims to seek, select, support and nurture technology-based innovations that solve sectoral challenges of national importance and societal relevance.
- One of the primary goals of the ANIC program is to support innovations in areas critical to India’s development and growth – Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Agriculture, Food Processing, Housing, Energy, Mobility, Space Application etc.
» The Atal New India Challenge aims to address the Commercialization Valley of Death – supporting innovators scale over the risks associated with access to resources for testing, piloting and market creation.
- ANIC solicits innovations from start-ups and MSMEs in the prototype stage. After a competitive process of selection supports them through to the commercialization stage over a course of 12-18 months with a funding of up to Rs 1 crore along with other associated support from the AIM’s innovation ecosystem.
Working in collaboration with the different verticals of NITI Aayog and the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, ISRO and Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, the 1st phase of ANIC 2.0 will see 18 challenges being thrown open from 7 sectors.
These 7 sectors are:
- Road Transportation
- Space Technology and Application
- Sanitation Technology
- Medical Devices and Equipment
- Waste Management
MoU between MSDE and ISRO
⇒ With an aim to upskill the technical staff at the Department of Space in the Indian Space Research Organisation, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) signs a MoU with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO).
- The programme is aimed at creating a formal framework for short-term courses to provide training for the skill development and capacity- building of the technical staff of ISRO as per the industry requirements, in the space domain in the country.
- More than 4000 ISRO technical employees will be trained in the programme over the course of the next 5 years.
- The location of the training will be the National Skill Training Institutes (NSTI) under MSDE located across India.
- The objective of the training programme is to boost the skills of various technical staff working across ISRO centres and units under Department of Space (DOS).
National Behaviour Change Communication Framework for Garbage Free Cities
⇒ Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban 2.0, under the aegis of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, has launched the ‘National Behaviour Change Communication Framework for Garbage Free Cities’ to strengthen the ongoing jan andolan for ‘Garbage Free Cities’.
Now, the newly launched ‘National Behaviour Change Communication Framework for Garbage Free Cities’ shall serve as a guiding document and blueprint for States and Cities to undertake large scale multimedia campaigns along with intensive and focused inter-personal communication campaigns.
- It was launched by Shri Manoj Joshi, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), Government of India.
The framework focuses on intensifying messaging around the key focus areas of source segregation, collection, transportation, and processing of waste, plastic waste management, and remediation of legacy dumpsites to truly transform the urban landscape of India.
Critical lifesaving medicines delivered to Sri Lanka as part of Mission SAGAR IX
⇒ With the overarching aim of providing critical medical aid to Sri Lanka during the ongoing crisis, INS Gharial as part of Mission SAGAR IX arrived at Colombo on 29 April 2022 and delivered over 760 kgs of 107 types of critical lifesaving medicines.
In line with GoI’s vision of SAGAR – Security And Growth for All in the Region – the Indian Navy undertakes several deployments titled ‘Mission SAGAR’ to assist friendly IOR littorals.
- Since May 2020, Indian Navy has successfully concluded eight such missions, deploying ten ships to 18 Friendly Foreign Countries.