NEW FRONTIERS: A Programme on Renewable Energy
⇒ The Ministry of New & Renewable Energy conducted a program on Renewable Energy namely “New Frontiers” as part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations. The program was held from 16th February to 18th February 2022.
» As part of the program, the Ministry conducted a physical event on the topic titled, “India’s Leadership in Energy Transition” on 16 February 2022 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
» The Ministry organized three webinars on 17th February 2022, namely, “Women in RE- Call for Action”, “Role of ISA in Energy Transition”, and “Role of clean-tech start-ups and climate entrepreneur in providing clean and affordable energy”.
- An online session on “Women in Renewable Energy: Call for Action” was organized to acknowledge the role of women entrepreneurs and leaders in the Renewable Energy Space.
» On 18th February 2022, the final day of the program, a brainstorming meeting on “Roadmap to achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2070” was organized on a virtual platform.
- The Ministry of New & Renewable Energy and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) jointly organized a Chintan Baithak.
- Chintan Baithak was organized on ” Roadmap to achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2070″ to brainstorm on India’s renewable energy roadmap for achieving the goal of net zero carbon emissions by 2070.
2-Day Global Summit on ‘Reimagining Museums in India’
⇒ The Union Minister for Culture, Tourism and Development of the North- Eastern Region, Shri G Kishan Reddy inaugurated the 2-day Global Summit on ‘Reimagining Museums in India’ in Hyderabad on 15 February 2022.
Ministry of Culture, Government of India organized a first of its kind, 2-Day Global Summit on ‘Reimagining Museums in India’, on 15-16 February 2022. The Summit was organised in partnership with Bloomberg. The summit was organized under the aegis of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
The online summit covered four broad themes:
- Architecture and Functional Needs
- Collections (including Curation & Conservation practices)
- Education and Audience Engagement
- Sharing global best practices for Museum development and management.
- Understanding the current needs of Indian museums.
- Fostering strategic partnerships between Indian and international museums.
- Developing a blueprint for renewal of museums.
Participants from countries such as India, Australia, France, Italy, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and the United States participated in the summit.
The Global Summit brought together leading luminaries, domain experts and practitioners in the field of museum development and management from India and around the world to discuss best practices and strategies.
⇒ The Minister of State for Culture & Parliamentary Affairs Shri Arjun Ram Meghwal launched the career counselling workshop ‘PRAMARSH 2022’ on 15 February 2022 for the students of the Bikaner District region.
In this workshop one lakh students participated from more than thousands schools of Bikaner district mainly from rural area.
“Pramarsh2022” workshop was an extension of the efforts to bridge the industry academia gap and impart the knowledge about various choices available to the student.
Workshop conducted with the support of The National Institute of Career Services (NICS) which comes under the Ministry of Labour & Employment and educational start-up Edumilestones. Directorate of Education, Rajasthan also extended the support and facilitation for this workshop.
Historic Visit of Lieutenant General Fahd Bin Abdullah Mohammed Al-Mutair, Commander Royal Saudi Land Forces to India
⇒ The Commander of the Royal Saudi Land Forces, Lieutenant General Fahd Bin Abdullah Mohammed Al-Mutair, arrived in India on 14 February 2022.
This is the first ever visit by a serving Royal Saudi Land Forces Commander to India and marks a deepening bilateral defence cooperation between the two countries.
General MM Naravane had visited Saudi Arabia in December 2020 in a historic visit which marked the first time that an Indian Army Chief had visited Saudi Arabia.
- The aim of the visit is to bolster bilateral defence cooperation between the two countries.
World Radio Day 2022
⇒ World Radio Day is celebrated every year on February 13 with an aim to underline the importance of radio.
» The theme of World Radio Day 2022 was ‘Radio and Trust’.
On the occasion of World Radio Day 2022:
UNESCO calls upon radio stations to celebrate the 11th edition of WRD through three sub-themes:
- Trust in radio journalism: Produce independent and high-quality content
- Trust and accessibility: Take care of your audience
- Trust and viability of radio stations: Ensure competitiveness
- World Radio Day was proclaimed in 2011 by the Member States of UNESCO.
- 13 February became World Radio Day (WRD) when the United Nations General Assembly (A/RES/67/124) adopted it as an International Day in 2012.
Veteran singer and music composer Shri Bappi Lahiri
⇒ Veteran singer and music composer Shri Bappi Lahiri passed away on 15 February 2022 in Mumbai. He was 69.
In 1986, he was recognized by Guinness World Records for recording more than 180 songs in one year. He was awarded the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award at the 63rd Filmfare Awards.