Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar, 2021/ (‘सुभाष चन्द्र बोस आपदा प्रबंधन पुरस्कार, 2021’):
- “Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar, 2021” has been announced on 23rd January i.e. on the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.
Government of India instituted this annual award to recognize the excellent work done by individuals and institutions in India in the field of Disaster Management.
For the Year 2021, the following person & Institution has been selected for the ‘Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskar’, for their excellent work in Disaster Management:
In Individual category: Dr. Rajendra Kumar Bhandari
In Institutional category: ‘Sustainable Environment and Ecological Development Society’ (SEEDS)
57th edition of Femina Miss India 2020:
- The grand finale of the 57th edition of Femina Miss India 2020 was held on 10 February 2021 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Mumbai. VLCC Femina Miss India 2020 was co-powered by Sephora and Roposo.
Manasa Varanasi, an engineer from Telangana, has been crowned as the winner of VLCC Femina Miss India World 2020, while Uttar Pradesh’s Manya Singh was the 1st runner-up of VLCC Femina Miss India 2020.
Manika Sheokand from Haryana was crowned as the VLCC Femina Miss Grand India 2020.
Mukundan C. Menon Award for 2020:
- Human rights activist Father Stan Swamy has been conferred with the Mukundan C. Menon Award for 2020.
The award was instituted by NCHRO in memory of human rights activist Mukundan C. Menon.
The National Confederation of Human Rights Organisations (NCHRO), an NGO organises the Mukundan C Menon Award since 2006 every year.
Nandini Nayar’s New Book “SOMETIMES MAMA, SOMETIMES PAPA”:
- Nandini Nayar’s new book “Sometimes Mama, Sometimes Papa” for children have been published in January 2021 by Penguin Random House India.
Appointment of Prime Minister of Estonia:
- Leader of the ‘Reform Party’, ‘Kaja Kallas’ becomes the first female Prime Minister of Republic of Estonia. She took the office on 26 January 2021.
India International Quilt Festival (IIQF) 2021:
- India International Quilt Festival (IIQF) 2021 was held online from 23 to 25 January, 2021. IIQF 2021 was presented by Quilt India Foundation (QIF).
In the India International Quilt Festival, winner of the Best of Show was Bead Seller-Chitra Mandanna, India.
IIQF will return as a live event in Chennai from 20 January to 23 January, 2023.