Book titled ‘Bhumi Suposhan’
⇒ The Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu released the book titled ‘Bhumi Suposhan’ (meaning – soil nutrition) published by Akshay Krishi Parivar at Upa-Rashtrapati Nivas on 02 May 2022.
Addressing a gathering after releasing the book, the Vice President expressed his concern over the degradation of soil due to the overuse of pesticides and fertilizers and stressed the need for creating awareness on this important issue.
Praising Akshya Krishi Parivar for bringing out ‘Bhumi Suposhan’ – a commemorative publication of the Nationwide Bhumi Suposhan and Samrakshan Abhiyan, the Vice President wanted this book to be translated into Indian languages so that it could reach the maximum number of farmers.
National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID)
⇒ Union Minister for Home and Cooperation, Shri Amit Shah inaugurated the National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID) Bengaluru premises on 03 May 2022.
During the inauguration, the NATGRID CEO informed that the services of NATGRID solution will be available to 11 central agencies and police of all States and Union Territories.
- It will link user agencies with data holders, giving them access to real-time information needed for intelligence services and investigations.
Technology Partner and Plan Management Consultant:
C-DAC Pune has been roped in as Technology Partner and IIT, Bhilai as Plan Management Consultant for the development of NATGRID solution.
⇒ Railway Protection Force has recently started “Operation Satark”. Focused effort under “Operation Satark” was launched from 5th April to 30th April 2022.
It was started with an objective of taking action against illicit liquor/FICN/illegal tobacco products/unaccounted gold/cash/precious items/any other items being transported through railway network. These items are transported through railway network for the purpose of tax evasion/smuggling/commission of crime/acts of terror.
- Under “Operation Satark”, 26 cases of transportation of illegal tobacco products were detected with seizure of tobacco products worth more than Rs 44 Lakhs and arrest of 14 persons involved.
- 177 cases of transportation of illicit liquor were intercepted with arrest of 97 persons and seizure of illicit liquor worth about Rs 18 Lakhs.
- RPF detected 23 such cases of tax evasion and handed over unaccounted cash/gold/silver worth about Rs 2.60 Crores to the respective tax authorities.
» RPF has been conducting intensive checks in stations, trains and railway area under “Operation Satark” to thwart the design of such elements.
Plastindia 2023-11th International Plastic Exhibition & Conference
⇒ Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers and Health & Family Welfare, Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya launched Plastindia 2023-11th International Plastic Exhibition & Conference on 04 May 2022.
Addressing the event, Dr. Mandaviya stated that “these exhibitions are important because they will attract international plastic players to the country and provide a platform to learn and exchange ideas and technology”.
About PLASTINDIA 2023:
- PLASTINDIA refers to a series of exhibitions under the Plastindia Foundation, which will hold the 11th International Plastics Exhibition, Conference and Convention from 1st-5th February, 2023 at ITPO Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- The exhibition will provide opportunities for employment generation, facilitate the growth of the Indian plastic industry and make India a hub for sourcing plastic for global needs.
- PLASTINDIA 2023 will showcase India as the global hub for sourcing processed items related to Plastics, Raw materials, Machinery and products for use in all segments of human life.
6th Biennial India-Germany Inter-Governmental Consultations (IGC)
⇒ Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi visited the Berlin, Germany on May 2, 2022 at the invitation of Mr. Olaf Scholz, Federal Chancellor of Germany. Several Indian ministers also traveled to Germany and held consultations with their German counterparts.
The Governments of the Federal Republic of Germany and of the Republic of India, under the co-chairmanship of the Federal Chancellor Olaf Scholz and Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, held the 6th round of India-Germany Inter-Governmental Consultations.
» Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi co-chaired with Mr Olaf Scholz, Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany, the Plenary session of the 6th Biennial India-Germany Inter-Governmental Consultations (IGC).
- The Plenary session concluded with the signing by Prime Minister and Chancellor Scholz of the Joint Declaration of Intent (JDI) establishing the Green and Sustainable Development Partnership.
- This Partnership envisages a whole-of-government approach to India-Germany cooperation on SDGs and climate action, under which Germany has agreed to make an advance commitment of 10 billion Euros of new and additional development assistance until 2030.
List of agreements signed on the occasion of 6th India-Germany Inter-Governmental Consultations:
- JDI on Green and Sustainable Development Partnership
- JDI on the implementation of Triangular Development Cooperation projects in Third Countries
- JDI on the establishment of an agreement on the exchange and mutual protection of classified information and on the establishment of an agreement to establish a direct encrypted connection between MEA and German Foreign Office
- Indo-German Development Cooperation Regarding Renewable Energy Partnership
- Joint Declaration on the Initialing of the Agreement on a Comprehensive Migration and Mobility Partnership
- JDI on continuation of cooperation in the field of advanced training of corporate executives and junior executives from India
- Indo-German Green Hydrogen Task Force
- JDI on Agroecology
- JDI on Forest Landscape Restoration
Foundation Day of Maharashtra and Gujarat
⇒ Every year, the state of Maharashtra and Gujarat celebrate their foundation day on May 1.
In the year 1960, Maharashtra and Gujarat were carved out of the state of Bombay under the States Reorganisation Act, 1956.