MOIL Bags 3 Five-Star Rating Awards
⇒ MOIL, CPSE under Ministry of Steel has recently bagged Five-Star Rating Awards under Sustainability Development Framework (SDF) from Ministry of Mines in the 6th National Conclave on Mines & Minerals 2022 as part of Iconic Week Celebration. The event was organized in the country’s capital, New Delhi on 12 July 2022.
This year MOIL bagged 3 Five Star awards for its Kandri, Chikla, & Gumgaon mines.
5 Five Star Rating Status is not only a prestigious cap for the mine operators but also helps in building confidence amongst various stakeholders and increases social acceptance and image building of mining identity amongst the common man.
⇒ As part of the celebrations of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying organised AHIDF conclave at Bhim Hall, Dr Ambedkar International centre, Janpath, New Delhi on 14th July 2022.
- Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying organised the conclave in collaboration with Small Industries Development Bank of India and Industry Associations etc.
Shri Parshottam Rupala, Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying launched Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund (AHIDF) projects and felicitated 75 entrepreneurs in the AHIDF conclave.
The purpose of this conclave was to provide a platform for Knowledge Sharing, launch of AHIDF operational guidelines 2.0, revamped AHIDF online portal, Credit Guarantee Online Portal, inauguration of five major plants setup with the support of AHIDF scheme, facilitation of Entrepreneurs/lenders & Networking between all stakeholders and upcoming entrepreneurs.
- The conclave was aimed at ensuring the participants with best possible knowledge inputs related to the AHIDF Scheme and facilitation of various stakeholders.
» The conclave saw the participation of about 500 Entrepreneurs/ Stakeholders, Lenders/SLBC’s, Government Officials (State and Centre Government), Common Service Centers, Industry Associations/ farmers associations and Government organisations.
50 MW Solar Power Plant, Nigahi Area
⇒ Dr. Anil Kumar Jain, Secretary Ministry of Coal laid the foundation stone for a 50 MW solar power plant in the Nigahi Area.
- The plant will be set up over an area of 129.35-hectare land with a total power generating capacity of 94 million unit per year and will lead to reduce carbon emission by 78020 Tonnes per year.
- The generated power will be used for operational and other purposes by Northern Coalfields Limited (NCL).
- The company is set to achieve 273-megawatt power generation in the coming time from renewable sources to achieve the target of Net Zero.
1st I2U2 (India-Israel-UAE-USA) Leaders’ Virtual Summit
⇒ The first I2U2 (India-Israel-UAE-USA) Leaders’ summit was held virtually on 14 July 2022.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi participated in an I2U2 Summit, along with Prime Minister of Israel Yair Lapid, President of the UAE Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and President of the USA Joseph R. Biden.
The I2U2 Grouping was conceptualized during the meeting of the Foreign Ministers of the four countries held on 18 October 2021. Each country also has Sherpa-level interactions regularly to discuss the possible areas of cooperation.
I2U2 was aimed to encourage joint investments in six mutually identified areas such as water, energy, transportation, space, health, and food security.
- It was intended to mobilize private sector capital and expertise to help modernize the infrastructure, low carbon development pathways for our industries, improve public health, and promote the development of critical emerging and green technologies.
The Leaders discussed the possible joint projects within the framework of I2U2 as well as the other common areas of mutual interest to strengthen the economic partnership in trade and investment in our respective regions and beyond.
The inaugural I2U2 leaders meeting focused on the food security crisis and clean energy. The leaders discussed innovative ways to ensure longer-term, more diversified food production and food delivery systems that can better manage global food shocks.
I2U2 leaders highlighted the following initiatives:
Food Security: The UAE – home to the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) and host of COP28 in 2023 – will invest $2 billion USD to develop a series of integrated food parks across India. It will incorporate state-of-the-art climate-smart technologies to reduce food waste and spoilage, conserve fresh water, and employ renewable energy sources. India will provide appropriate land for the project and will facilitate farmers’ integration into the food parks.
- U.S. and Israeli private sectors will be invited to lend their expertise and offer innovative solutions that contribute to the overall sustainability of the project.
Clean Energy: The I2U2 Group will advance a hybrid renewable energy project in India’s Gujarat State consisting of 300 megawatts (MW) of wind and solar capacity complemented by a battery energy storage system.
- The U.S. Trade and Development Agency funded a feasibility study for the $330 million USD project. UAE-based companies are exploring opportunities to serve as critical knowledge and investment partners. Israel and the United States intend to work with the UAE and India to highlight private sector opportunities.
- Indian companies are keen to participate in this project and contribute to India’s goal of achieving 500 GW of non-fossil fuel capacity by 2030.
» The leaders expressed their determination to leverage well-established markets to build more innovative, inclusive, and science-based solutions to enhance food security and sustainable food systems.
» The leaders also welcomed India’s interest in joining the United States, the UAE, and Israel in the Agriculture Innovation Mission for Climate initiative (AIM for Climate).