- Southern Command, Pune is organising an open online competition. Theme of the competition is “Indian Army: A Symbol of unity in Diversity”.
The competition will involve four competitions:
Slogan Writing; Video Making; Photography; Painting
The contest is open to all under various age categories with a total prize award money of Rs 1,22,000, alongwith award of merit certificate from Indian Army. The entries are open from 19 October 2020 and will close on 10 December 2020. The results will be announced on 16 December 2020 on the occasion of Vijay Diwas.
- Scientist Dr Rajalakshmi Menon is among the four outstanding scientists and engineers selected for the “Distinguished Alumnus/Alumna Award” of the IISC for 2020.
Dr Rajalakshmi Menon got the award for the contribution towards the indigenous Airborne Early Warning and Control system, inducted into the Indian Air Force.
- The 9th Session of the India-Oman Joint Commission Meeting was held on 19 October, 2020. It was co-chaired by Shri Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State for Commerce and Industry and H.E. Mr. Qais bin Mohammed al Yousef, Minister of Commerce, Industry and Investment Promotion of the Sultanate of Oman.
During the meeting, both sides reviewed the recent developments in trade and investment ties, etc. They also reviewed the progress of prospective Memorandum of Understanding in the field of mining, standards and metrology, financial intelligence, cultural exchange, and information technology and agreed to conclude them expeditiously.
They also agreed to cooperate in areas of Agriculture & Food Security, Standards & Metrology, Tourism, Information Technology, Health & Pharmaceuticals, MSMEs, Space, Civil Aviation, Energy including renewable energy, Culture, Mining, and Higher Education.
- British driver Lewis Hamilton wins the Portuguese Grand Prix 2020 on 25 October 2020. The race was held over 66 laps of the 4.684-kilometre Autodromo Internacional do Algarve.
After his 92nd career victory, he overtakes Germany great Michael Schumacher in record F1 victory.
- Samsung Electronics chairman, Lee Kun-Hee died on 25 October 2020. He was 78. He transformed the small television maker company into a global giant of consumer electronics.
- Victoria Memorial Hall, along with DAG, a private art gallery, has decided to display the art of celebrated painter Chittaprosad Bhattacharya’s in online exhibition titled “People’s Artist-Chittaprosad: In Solidarity, In Solitude”.
His paintings are known for his heart-wrenching sketches and drawings of the Bengal Famine of 1943-44 alongside economic exploitation, urban poverty and depravity.