eGCA, the e-governance platform in Directorate General of Civil Aviation
⇒ Shri Jyotiraditya M. Scindia, Union Minister of Civil Aviation dedicated eGCA, the e-governance platform in Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) to the nation.
Speaking on the occasion, Shri Scindia said:
- DGCA has implemented its e-governance platform eGCA.
- The project has been aimed at automation of the processes and functions of DGCA, with 99 services covering about 70% of the DGCA work being implemented in the initial phases, and 198 services to be covered in other phases.
- The project has been implemented with TCS as Service Provider and PWC as Project Management Consultant.
- The project will provide a strong base for IT infrastructure and service delivery framework.
- The project would enhance the efficiency of the various services provided by the DGCA and would ensure transparency and accountability in all DGCA functions.
The eGCA initiative is a milestone in the digital transformation journey of DGCA and would enrich the experience of its stakeholders. For DGCA, it is a step in the direction of ‘ease of doing business’.
32nd edition of “Hunar Haat”
⇒ Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare and Chemical and Fertilizers Dr Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurated the 32nd edition of “Hunar Haat”, “Perfect Platform” to “promote and preserve” traditional art and craft of the country, in Lucknow on November 12, 2021.
- More than 600 artisans and craftsmen from more than 30 States and Union Territories brought their indigenous products made with wood, brass, bamboo, glass, cloth, paper, clay etc.
- Traditional foods from various parts of the country were also available at the “Hunar Haat”.
- Besides “Vishwakarma Vatika”, “Circus” was also displayed at the “Hunar Haat” where the Indian Circus artists performed spectacular diverse traditional entertainment shows.
Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav mobile app
⇒ Ministry of Culture launched Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav mobile app.
The Minister of State for Culture and External Affairs, Smt Meenakashi Lekhi launched the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav mobile App on 12 November 2021, to enable all single point access to all information related to the 75th anniversary celebrations of India’s independence.
The Home page enables users to a get an overview of the interesting and wide-ranging content inside the app. These include among others links to sections such Digital District Repository and Unsung Heroes which are part of an overall section titled History Corner.
NIXI Customer-Care Unit
⇒ National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI) has taken a new initiative by establishing out a customer focused unit – “Customer-Care Unit,” which will facilitate the interaction of customers with all its business units.
- This team will support the customer queries (24×7) for all the operations.
- NIXI has three businesses, viz. — Internet Exchange, Dot IN Registry, and IRINN and all three units deal with their respective customers, supporting and managing their queries.
- The customer care unit can be reached at: 011-48202001, email – firstname.lastname@example.org
National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI) is a not-for-profit organization (section 8 of the Companies Act 2013) working since 2003 for spreading the internet infrastructure to the citizens of India.
Indian student delivered speech at COP 26.
⇒ Miss Vinisha Umashankar has become an inspiration for the world for her speech at the 26th Conference of the Parties to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (31st October – 12th November) at Glasgow, Scotland.
A 15-year-old girl from Tamil Nadu, who was recognized Earth Day Network Rising Star 2021 (USA) for her idea of ‘Solar Ironing Cart’, has exhorted the world to move towards clean energy during the recently concluded COP 26.
Vinisha Umashankar, a class 10 student from Tiruvannamalai district of Tamil Nadu who received the Dr APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards instituted by National Innovation Foundation for her mobile ironing cart, which uses solar panels to power a steam iron box.
» National Innovation Foundation (NIF), India is an autonomous body of the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
2021-22 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy
⇒ The 2021-22 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, a Twenty20 competition was played in India, in November 2021.
- This was the 13th edition of the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy.
- It was played in six cities across the country which are Baroda, Delhi, Guwahati, Haryana, Lucknow, Vijayawada, with all the knockout matches played in Delhi.
The final match of the 2021–22 Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy was held on 22 November 2021 at the Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi.
- Tamil Nadu retained their title by defeating Karnataka in the final match.
- Tamil Nadu won by 4 wickets.
- This is the third time that Tamil Nadu have won the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy title.