National Service Scheme Awards for the year 2020-21
⇒ The President of India, Smt Droupadi Murmu presented the National Service Scheme Awards for the year 2020-2021 at Rashtrapati Bhavan on 24 September 2022.
» Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Department of Youth Affairs confers every year the National Service Scheme Award to recognize and reward outstanding contributions towards voluntary community service made by the Universities/+2 Council, Programme Officers/NSS Units and NSS Volunteers.
Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Department of Youth Affairs confers the award with a view to further promote NSS in the country. At Present, NSS has about 40 lakh volunteers on its rolls spread over the country.
The details of National Service Scheme (NSS) Award for the year 2020-21 in 3 different categories are as under:
Category: University/ +2 Council (No of Awards: 2)
- First Award: Rs 5,00,000/- (for NSS Programme Development) with a Trophy to the University/ +2 Council. A Certificate and a Silver Medal to the Programme Coordinator.
- Second Award: Rs 3,00,000 lakh (for NSS Programme Development) with a Trophy to the University/ +2 Council. A Certificate and a Silver Medal to the Programme Coordinator.
Category: NSS Units and their Programme Officers (No of Awards: 10+10)
- Rs 2,00,000/- to each NSS Unit (For NSS Programme Development), with a Trophy.
- Rs 1,50,000/- to each Programme Officer with a Certificate and a Silver Medal.
Category: NSS Volunteers (No of Awards: 30)
- Rs 1,00,000/- to each Volunteer, with a Certificate and a Silver Medal.
‘National Service Scheme Awards for the year 2020-2021’: List of awardees (Official Link)
- NSS is a Centrally Sector Scheme which was launched in the year 1969 with the primary objective of developing the personality and character of the student youth through voluntary community service.
- The ideological orientation of the NSS is inspired by the ideals of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Very appropriately, the motto of NSS is “NOT ME, BUT YOU” (‘स्वयं से पहले आप’).
Book titled "Pt. Deendayal Upadhyay - Jeevan Darshan Aur Samsamyikta" (five volumes)
⇒ The Vice President, Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar released the book titled “Pt Deendayal Upadhyay – Jeevan Darshan Aur Samsamyikta” (five volumes) in New Delhi on 24 September 2022.
The Vice President appreciated the efforts of the Chief Editor of the book, Dr Bajrang Lal Gupta and his team for coming out with these well researched five volumes on one of the foremost leaders of modern India.
Shri Rajnath Singh, Union Minister of Defence, Dr Murli Manohar Joshi, former Union Minister, Dr Bajrang Lal Gupta, Cheif Editor of the book, Shri Prashant Jain, Publisher (Kitabwale), Dr Amit Rai Jain, Co-Editor, Dr Nand Kishore Garg, Founder-Director, Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology and other dignitaries attended the event.
Virtual Conference 'SymphoNE'
⇒ SymphoNE is the start of a series of dialogues on North Eastern Region’s Development Conference comprised of a broad range of Policy Thinkers, Stakeholders & Influencers with the aim to boost Tourism Sector in North Eastern Region.
North East India is blessed with amazing food, culture, stunning landscapes, heritage and architecture and ranks among the most beautiful places on the earth. But, there are grand opportunities that can be filled to boost Tourism Sector in the Region.
With this vision in hand, Minister for DoNER, Tourism & Culture Shri G. Kishan Reddy launched the two-day virtual conference ‘SymphoNE’ on 24 September 2022.
- The Virtual Conference ‘SymphoNE’ was organized on 24th and 27th September 2022 by Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region on the occasion of World Tourism Day.
- This two day conference was aimed to create a roadmap to showcase the unexplored beauty of North East India & boost the tourism Sector in North Eastern Region.
- It ideated, discussed & formulated the ideas & suggestions by Thought Leaders, Policy Thinkers, Social Media Influencers, Travel & Tour Operators And The Senior Officials of Ministry of DoNER and State Departments.
- SymphoNE aims to develop one-stop solution to eliminate all obstacles that are being faced by the tourists, and the tour operators while carrying out the operations for the visitors while solving logistics & infrastructural facilities, lack of awareness about the locations among the tourist and to spread necessary information among the people, and marketing/promotional activities.
20th Meeting of Prosecutors General of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Member States
⇒ The 20th Meeting of Prosecutors General of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) Member States was held on 23rd September, 2022 in Astana, Kazakhstan.
The Indian delegation attended the meeting in Astana, Kazakhstan under the leadership of:
- Shri Tushar Mehta, Learned Solicitor General of India, Department of Legal Affairs
- Dr Anju Rathi Rana, Additional Secretary, Department of Legal Affairs
» A Protocol incorporating the deliberations of the 20th meeting of Prosecutors General of the SCO Member States was signed and adopted by the SCO Member States.
The salient features of the Protocol are as under:
- To strengthen cooperation between the Prosecutor General’s Offices of the SCO Member States with respect to the recovery of the proceeds of crime particularly in money laundering.
- To develop cooperation between the prosecutor’s offices of the SCO member states at international institutions and forums on issues related to combating economic crimes like money laundering, search, seizure and recovery of the proceeds of crime from states.
- To use the forums of bilateral and multilateral gatherings to discuss about ways to strengthen the systems in place to combat economic crimes particularly money laundering.
- To continue the exchanging of information on domestic laws governing search seizure and recovery of proceeds of crime. State’s experiences in their prevention as well as references, methodological, information-analytical, scientific and other materials in the field of combating economic crimes.
- To develop cooperation between the Prosecutors General offices of the SCO member states in the field of training and advanced training of prosecutors and employees of other law enforcement agencies whose competence includes issues of combating economic crimes.
- To conduct and participate in bilateral and multilateral events on combating economic crimes, search, seizure and recovery of proceeds of crime from states.
» The next (21st) meeting of the Prosecutors General of the SCO Member States will be held in the People’s Republic of China in 2023.