Arogya Manthan 2022
⇒ Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Dr Mansukh Mandaviya inaugurated the two days long Arogya Manthan 2022 programme on 25 September 2022.
Highlighting the PMJAY beneficiaries as the most important stakeholder in the largest global public health insurance scheme, Dr Mansukh Mandaviya stated that:
- Over 19 crore Ayushman Cards have been made in the country spanning its coverage in 33 States/UTs, and more than 24 crore ABHA numbers have also been generated. This reflects an important milestone in the digitization of health records in the country”.
- He further informed that the current rate of making 4.5 lakh cards per day will be increased to making 10 lakh Ayushman Cards everyday.
» Arogya Manthan marks the completion of 4 years of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY) and 1 year of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM).
- AB-PMJAY completed four years of its implementation on 23rd September 2022 and Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) marked its first anniversary on 27th September 2022.
The two-day event saw active participation from global and national experts from the healthcare sector along with representatives from academia, think-tanks, industry, and media.
The two-day event had a total of twelve sessions covering a comprehensive list of agenda.
Sessions on Day-1: Universal Health Coverage in India, Promoting Interoperability in Digital Health, Enhancing the Efficiency of PM-JAY, Adoption of Digital Health, Health Technology Assessment for Evidence Informed PM-JAY Decisions and Privacy and Security Issues related to Digital Health.
Sessions on Day-2: Best Practices by States Implementing ABDM, Digital Health Insurance in India, PM-JAY Best Practices by States, International Best Practices in Digital Health, Ensuring Access, Affordability and Quality in Healthcare through PM-JAY and Way Forwards for Digital Health in India.
» The Union Health Minister launched several new initiatives including Health Claims Exchange (HCX), National e-Rupi Portal and Roadmap for Digitization. The digital versions of Annual Report for NHA, Coffee Table Book and Best Practices Booklet were also unveiled.
» Dr. Mandaviya inaugurated the “Digital Health Expo” that saw enthusiastic participation from digital health innovators like NIC (showcasing eHospital and Aarogya Setu), C-DAC, Karnataka Government, Medical Devices start-ups from Vizag, AWS India, Google, Microsoft, Tata Medical and Diagnostics, Reliance Digital Health, Hitachi MGRM, Paytm, Bajaj Finserv Health among others from government as well as private sector.
On 2nd day of Arogya Manthan 2022, Union Health Minister, Dr Mansukh Mandaviya felicitated the best performing states for PMJAY and ABDM at Arogya Manthan 2022.
National Health Authority (NHA) presented the Ayushman Utkrishtata Puraskaar 2022 (Ayushman Excellence Awards) to felicitate the top performing states, PMAMs (Pradhan Mantri Arogya Mitra) and public hospitals under the AB PM-JAY and best performing states/ UTs, districts, private & government health facilities and digital health solutions under ABDM.
Ayushman Utkrishtata Puraskaar (Ayushman Excellence Awards) 2022:
- Top Performing State/UT: Andhra Pradesh
- Top Performing District: Parvathipuram Manyam, Andhra Pradesh
- Top Performing Government Facility: District Hospital Dharwad, Karnataka
Awarded PMAMs (Pradhan Mantri Arogya Mitras) under the AB PM-JAY and ABDM:
- Best Performing States: Kerala, Meghalaya, Gujarat, Manipur, Jharkhand, Uttarakhand, Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh
- Best Performing UTs: Chandigarh, J&K
» The winners of ABDM Hackathon Series Round 1 were also awarded at the ceremony.
- ABDM Hackathon Series Round 1: Bajaj Finserv Health – Team Excalibur
Plenipotentiary Conference 2022 (PP-22)
⇒ The Plenipotentiary Conference 2022 (PP-22) was held in Bucharest, Romania, from 26 September to 14 October 2022.
The theme of the Plenipotentiary Conference 2022 was “Building Better Digital Future”.
The Minister of State for Communications, Shri Devusinh Chauhan led the Indian delegation to take part in the Plenipotentiary Conference 2022 (PP-22) of ITU (International Telecommunication Union).
- The Minister of State for Communications, Shri Devusinh Chauhan held a bilateral talk with Deputy Minister of Digital Development, Communications and Mass Media of the Russian Federation, Ms Bella Cherkesova on the sideline of Plenipotentiary Conference 2022 on 26 September 2022.
During the conference, elections were held from among Member States to constitute next ITU Council for the term 2023-26.
- During the conference, elections were held for Secretary General, the Deputy Secretary General, the Directors of Bureaus as well as Members of Radio Regulations Board of ITU.
» India has been re-elected as the next ITU Council member in the region E-Asia and Australia out of a total of 48 seats.
Indian Member of Radio Regulations Board:
- Smt M. Revathi, a senior officer in the Department of Telecommunications has also been elected for the post of Member, Radio Regulations Board.
- Secretary-General: Ms Doreen BOGDAN-MARTIN (United States)
- Deputy Secretary-General: Mr Tomas LAMANAUSKAS (Lithuania)
- Re-elected Director of ITU’s Radiocommunication Bureau: Mr Mario MANIEWICZ (Uruguay)
- Director of ITU’s Telecommunication Standardization Bureau: Mr Seizo ONOE (Japan)
- Director of ITU’s Telecommunication Development Bureau: Dr Cosmas ZAVAZAVA (Zimbabwe)
» The final day of the ITU Plenipotentiary Conference (PP-22) saw the signing of the Final Acts by 157 Member States.
- At this highest-level meeting, Member States agreed on ITU’s strategic and financial plans, leadership, and direction for the next four years.
About Plenipotentiary Conference:
» The Plenipotentiary Conference is the highest policy-making body of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU).
- Held every four years, it is the key event at which ITU Member States decide on the future role of the organization, thereby determining the organization’s ability to influence and affect the development of information and communication technologies (ICTs) worldwide.
- sets the Union’s general policies;
- adopts four-year strategic and financial plans; and
- elects the senior management team of the organization, the Member States of the Council, and the members of the Radio Regulations Board.