Joint User Trials for Helina and Dhruvastra Missile Systems:
- Joint User Trials for Helina (Army Version) and Dhruvastra (Air Force Version) Missile Systems have been carried out from Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) platform in desert ranges. The missile systems have been designed and developed indigenously by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
The Helina and Dhruvastra are third generation, Lock on Before Launch (LOBL) ‘Fire and Forget Anti-Tank Guided Missiles’ that can engage targets both in direct hit mode as well as top attack mode.
It is one of the most-advanced anti-tank weapons in the world.
Appointment of LG of Puducherry:
- Telangana Governor Tamilisai Soundararajan was sworn in as Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry, by Chief Justice of the Madras High Court Sanjib Banerjee at the Raj Nivas, on 18 February 2021.
Telangana Governor Soundararajan has been given additional charge of Puducherry by President Ram Nath Kovind, days after Kiran Bedi was removed from the post.
'4th edition of Emerging North East Event':
- Shri Rameswar Teli, Minister of State for Ministry of Food Processing Industries, Government of India participated in the 4th edition of Emerging North East event on 19 February 2021 in Guwahati as chief-guest.
It was organized in partnership with Government of Assam and ASSOCHAM. The three-day long event was held from 19th February to 21st February, 2021.
The event had business conferences, and exhibitions to provide a platform for various stakeholders to network and encourage awareness of the industry.
NAVDEX 21 and IDEX 21:
- Indian Naval Ship Pralaya was arrived at Abu Dhabi, UAE on 19 February 2021 to participate in the NAVDEX 21 (Naval Defence Exhibition) and IDEX 21 (International Defence Exhibition). The exhibition was held from 20 to 25 February 2021.
INS Pralaya, the second ship of the indigenously built Prabal Class Missile Vessels, was commissioned in the Indian Navy on 18 December 2002.
NAVDEX 21 and IDEX 21, was one of the leading international naval and defence exhibitions of the region. Participation of INS Pralaya in Exhibition was aimed at showcasing the strengths of India’s indigenous ship building, in line with Hon’ble Prime Minister’s vision of “AtmaNirbhar Bharat”.
It also highlights close relations between India and UAE.
11th India-EU Macroeconomic dialogue:
- The 11th India-EU Macroeconomic dialogue was held on 19 February 2021 virtually through video conferencing. India-EU relationship has evolved into a multifaceted partnership.
It covered all dimensions political, economic, security, trade and investment, environment, research and innovation.
Statehood Day of Mizoram & Arunachal Pradesh:
- Mizoram & Arunachal Pradesh celebrated its Statehood Day on 20 February 2021. Both states were created on this day in 1987.
Kings XI Punjab Name Changed:
- Kings XI Punjab have been renamed as ‘Punjab Kings’ as a part of the franchise’s rebranding strategy on 17 February 2021, ahead of the IPL 2021 auction in Chennai on 18 February 2021.
- Veteran Yakshagana artiste Puttur Sridhar Bhandary died on 19 February 2021. He was 73. He had long been associated with the Dharmasthala Yakshagana Mela.
He had been conferred with Karnataka Rajyotsava award and Yakshaganga academy award.