Nation First - The Golden Saga of 82 Years Book, & First Ever CRPF's Ex-Servicemen's Day:
- The Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah released the Central Reserve Police Forces’s (CRPF’s) book, ‘Nation First – The Golden Saga of 82 Years’ in New Delhi, on 19 February 2021.
‘Nation First – The Golden Saga of 82 Years’ (“राष्ट्र प्रथम – 82 वर्षों की स्वर्णिम गाथा”) book is compiled by Delhi University historian Dr Bhuwan Kumar Jha.
On this occasion, Shri Amit Shah said that this book will serve as an inspiration for the personnel recruited in the CRPF and will speak of the tales of heroism that have created history.
During the occasion, the celebration of first-ever CRPF’s Ex-Servicemen’s Day (Veterans’ Day) has been started from February 19, 2021.
The Ex-Servicemen’s Day is starting this year; it shall be celebrated on the third Friday of February each year.
'SKOCH Chief Minister of the Year Award':
- Based on a year-long study of governance projects in Andhra Pradesh, the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Mr Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy, was conferred the ‘SKOCH Chief Minister of the Year Award’ on 16 February 2021.
The Award was conferred on him by Mr Sameer Kochhar, Chairman, SKOCH Group personally in Vijaywada.
He had been selected the “SKOCH CM of the Year” on the basis of study of project level outcomes across various states of India.
BioAsia’s 'Genome Valley Excellence Award' for 2021:
- Bharat Biotech has been awarded with the BioAsia’s Genome Valley Excellence Award for 2021.
Bharat Biotech got this award for its “breakthrough, pioneering research, development and commercialisation of vaccines, including COVID-19 vaccine Covaxin.”
The company’s CMD Krishna M Ella and JMD Suchitra Ella received the award on February 22, 2021. A prestigious award, it is an integral part of BioAsia, the biotechnology and Life Sciences conference Telangana government organises every year.
2021 'TIME100 Next' list:
- The Second annual 2021 ‘TIME100 Next’ list released on 17 February 2021 is an expansion of flagship TIME100 franchise that highlights 100 emerging leaders who are shaping the future.
Bhim Army Chief Chandra Shekhar Aazad is among the Indian-origin personalities has been featured in Time magazine’s annual list of 100 ’emerging leaders who are shaping the future.
Twitter’s chief legal officer and general counsel Vijaya Gadde, founder of ‘Upsolve’ Rohan Pavuluri, Instacart’s founder and CEO Apoorva Mehta and nonprofit GetUsPPE’s Executive Director Shikha Gupta are the other Indian-origin persons on the list.
External Affairs Minister of India Visited Maldives and Mauritius:
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on 20 February 2021 embark on a four-day visit to the Maldives and Mauritius, the two strategically key maritime neighbours of India in the Indian Ocean region.
The External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar was in Maldives from February 20 to 21 and he was in Mauritius from 22 to 23 February.
In the Maldives, Jaishankar called on President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih and had substantive discussions with the ministers for foreign affairs, defence, finance, economic development and planning and infrastructure.
In Mauritius, Jaishankar called on President Prithvirajsing Roopun and Prime Minister Pravind Jugnauth. The External Affairs Minister reviewed all aspects of bilateral relations, ongoing implementation of various infrastructure projects being carried out by India in Mauritius, and hold discussions on bilateral, regional and global issues of mutual interest including India”s assistance to Mauritius.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) launched a series named #CWC11Rewind to mark the 10th anniversary of India’s 2011 World Cup triumph at home, on 19 February 2021. The series will look back at tournament’s iconic moments through 100 posts.
Retirement of Faf du Plessis from Test Cricket:
- On 17 February 2021, South Africa batsman Faf du Plessis announced that he is retiring from Test cricket. He represented South Africa in 69 Tests and scored 4163 runs at an average of 40.02.