New Integrated Terminal Building of Maharaja Bir Bikram (MBB) Airport
⇒ Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the New Integrated Terminal Building of Maharaja Bir Bikram (MBB) Airport in Agartala in January 2022.
He also launched two key development initiatives namely Mukhyamantri Tripura Gram Samriddhi Yojana and Project Mission 100 of Vidyajyoti Schools in Agartala, Tripura.
New Integrated Terminal Building of Maharaja Bir Bikram Airport:
- The New Integrated Terminal Building of Maharaja Bir Bikram Airport is built at a cost of about Rs 450 crore.
- It is a state of art building spread over 30,000 square metres having modern facilities and supported by the latest IT network-integrated system.
Project Mission 100 of Vidyajyoti Schools:
- Project Mission 100 of Vidyajyoti Schools is aimed to improve the quality of education in the state by converting 100 existing High / Higher secondary schools to Vidyajyoti Schools with state of art facilities and quality education.
- The project will cover about 1.2 lakh students from Nursery to class XII and will cost around Rs 500 crores in the next three years.
Mukhyamantri Tripura Gram Samriddhi Yojana:
- Mukhyamantri Tripura Gram Samriddhi Yojana aims to achieve the benchmark standards for service delivery in core development sectors at the village level.
- The key sectors selected for this Yojana are household tap connections, domestic electricity connections, all-weather roads, functional toilets for every household, recommended immunization for every child, participation of women in Self Help Groups etc.
Projects in Imphal, Manipur
⇒ Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated 13 Projects worth around Rs.1850 crores and laid the foundation stone of 9 projects worth around Rs 2950 crore in Imphal, Manipur on 04 January 2022.
These projects relate to diverse sectors such as Road Infrastructure, Drinking Water Supply, Health, Urban Development, Housing, Information Technology, Skill Development, Art and Culture, among others.
Some Projects are:
» The Prime Minister laid the foundation stone of construction of five National Highway Projects to be built at a cost of more than Rs.1700 crore.
» He also laid the foundation stone of:
- ‘State of the Art Cancer Hospital’ in Imphal worth around Rs.160 crore on a PPP basis
- ‘Centre for Invention, Innovation, Incubation and Training (CIIIT)’, to be built in the state at a cost of about Rs 200 crore.
» He also laid the foundation stone for the construction of the Manipur Institute of Performing Arts at Gurgaon, Haryana, to be built at a cost of more than Rs 240 crore.
» He inaugurated the Steel Bridge built over the Barak River on NH-37, at a cost of over Rs 75 crore. He also dedicated to the people of Manipur 2387 mobile towers built at a cost of around Rs 1100 crores.
75th Platinum Jubilee year of CSIR-National Physical Laboratory (NPL) New Delhi
⇒ Union Minister of State (I/C) Science & Technology; Minister of State (I/C) Earth Sciences; MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh released a Special Postage Stamp commemorating the 75th Platinum Jubilee year of CSIR-National Physical Laboratory (NPL) New Delhi on 04 January 2022.
- It is one of the earliest CSIR laboratories that was set up around the time of independence and its 75th year coincides with the 75th year of India’s independence.
The Minister also dedicated the nation ‘LED Photometry Laboratory’ at CSIR-National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi to fulfill Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision to develop energy-efficient illumination technology.
45th International Kolkata Book Fair
⇒ 45th International Kolkata Book Fair was held from 28th February to 13th March, 2022 at Central Park, Salt Lake, Kolkata. It was organized by Publishers and Booksellers’ Guild.
Focal Theme Country:
The focal theme country of this fair was Bangladesh.
» 42 publishers from the country setup across 50 stalls. Apart from Bangladesh, UK, USA, Russia, Italy, Japan, Iran, Spain, Argentina, Mexico and several Latin American Countries participated in the Kolkata Book Fair.
5th POSOCO Day
⇒ Union Minister of Power and New & Renewable Energy Shri R.K. Singh dedicated Automatic Generation Control (AGC) to the nation on 03 January 2022.
- This is expected to facilitate achieving the government’s ambitious target of 500 GW non-fossil fuel-based generation capacity by 2030.
- The AGC is being operated by Power System Operation Corporation (POSOCO) through National Load Despatch Centre. Through AGC, POSOCO sends signals to power plants every 4 seconds to maintain frequency and reliability of the Power System.
5th POSOCO Day:
Power System Operation Corporation Limited (POSOCO) Day is observed on 3rd January to commemorate its independent functioning that began on 3rd January 2017, under Ministry of Power as one of the Power PSUs after separating from POWERGRID as its subsidiary organization.
- It is responsible to ensure the integrated operation of the Grid in a reliable, efficient, and secure manner.
- It consists of 5 Regional Load Despatch Centres (RLDCs) and the National Load Despatch Centre (NLDC).
Renowned social worker Dr Sindhutai Sapkal
⇒ Renowned social worker Dr Sindhutai Sapkal passed away in Pune on 04 January 2021. She was 74. Sindhutai Sapkal, better known as ‘Anathanchi Maye’ or ‘Mother of orphans’.
She was awarded the Padma Shri in 2021, and the Ahilyabai Holkar Award in 2010 from the Maharashtra government. She had adopted more than 1,000 orphan children.