Shri Guru Ravidas Vishva Mahapeeth Rashtriya Adhiveshan-2021:
- On 21 February 2021, President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind addressed the Shri Guru Ravidas Vishva Mahapeeth Rashtriya Adhiveshan -2021 in New Delhi. He said Great Saints like Sant Ravidasji belong to entire humanity.
Second Phase of the Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav:
- The second phase of the Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav was inaugurated by the Union Minister of State for Culture & Tourism (Independent Charge) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel on 22 February 2021 at Raj Bhawan in Darjeeling, West Bengal. The festival was held from 22nd February to 24th February, 2021.
The Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav is organised to promote the spirit of Ek Bharat Sreshtha Bharat.
The Ministry of Culture is mandated with the task of preservation, promotion and propagation of Indian Culture. It organizes cultural programs, festivals and theatrical performances to fulfill this mandate.
Indian Institute of Law (IIL) in Bhubaneswar:
- The Bar Council of India Trust has announced to set up an Indian Institute of Law (IIL) in Bhubaneswar.
IIL will be set up to promote continuous legal education and research along with skill development of law teachers and practising lawyers. This will be a first of its kind institute for continuous education for legal professionals in the country.
The Bar Council of India Trust (BCIT) has signed a MoU with Kalinga Institute of Industrial Training (KIIT) in this regard. KIIT University will provide land in Patia and bear 40 per cent of the expenses for infrastructure of the proposed campus.
Skill Development Centre (SDC) for Fire Safety Training of Defence Research and Development Organisation:
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh has inaugurated Skill Development Centre (SDC) for Fire Safety Training of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) at Pilkhuwa in Uttar Pradesh on February 22, 2021.
The facility, created by Delhi based DRDO laboratory Centre for Fire, Explosive and Environment Safety (CFEES); is aimed at developing trained human resources, fire safety technology and products to save precious human lives and valued assets.
DRDO's Vertical Launch Short Range Surface to Air Missile (VL-SRSAM):
- On 22 February 2021, Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) conducted two successful launches of Vertical Launch Short Range Surface to Air Missile (VL-SRSAM).
It was launched from a static vertical launcher from Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur off the coast of Odisha.
VL-SRSAM has been indigenously designed and developed by the DRDO for the Indian Navy to neutralize various aerial threats at close ranges, including sea-skimming targets.
- Rear Admiral Atul Anand, VSM, has assumed the office of Flag Officer Commanding Maharashtra Naval Area on 22 Feb 2021.
International Mother Language Day 2021:
International Mother Language Day or Matribhasha Diwas is observed every year on February 21 to promote linguistic and cultural diversity and multilingualism around the world.
The idea to celebrate International Mother Language Day was the initiative of Bangladesh. It was approved at the 1999 UNESCO General Conference and has been observed throughout the world since 2000.
UNESCO’s Theme for International Mother Language Day 2021:
The theme of the 2021 International Mother Language Day was “Fostering multilingualism for inclusion in education and society.”
It recognizes that languages and multilingualism can advance inclusion, and the Sustainable Development Goals’ focus on leaving no one behind.
Vice President of India celebrated International Mother Language Day:
Vice President Shri Venkaiah Naidu celebrated International Mother Language Day in a unique way.
During this time, the Vice President tweeted in 22 Indian languages and English and also wrote articles in 24 vernacular newspapers of the country on the importance of promoting mother languages.
He posted the tweets in Telugu, Tamil, Hindi, Gujarati, Kashmiri, Konkani, Marathi, Odia, Urdu, Malayalam, Kannada, Odia, Punjabi, Nepali, Assamese, Bengali, Manipuri, Bodo, Santhali, Maithli, Dogri and Sanskrit.