- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Food Processing Industries, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj inaugurated “CII Agro & Food Tech : India – International Food & Agri Week”.
CII in association with the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Ministry of Fisheries & Animal Husbandry and Ministry of Food Processing Industries is organizing its first ever virtual India – International Food & Agri Week from 16th to 22nd October 2020 on “CII HIVE”.
CII HIVE, a virtual platform with intent to create a platform for the benefit of the stakeholders involved in the agriculture & allied sectors.
- On 17th October,2020, Uttar Pradesh, Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath launched “Mission Shakti” campaign focusing on ensuring the safety and dignity of women and girls. The campaign will continue for the next six months till Basant Navratri.
In the first phase of “Mission Shakti”, it will focus on spreading awareness towards ensuring the safety and dignity of women and girl-child.
In the second phase “Operation Shakti”, it will target Eve-teasers and put them on the path of punishment or reform. If such elements do not mend their ways, they will have to face social-boycott and their pictures will be displayed publicly.
- Agnibaaz Division organized a Suraksha Kavach – Joint Anti Terrorist Exercise for both Indian Army and Maharashtra Police at Lullanagar Pune on 09th October, 2020.
The aim of the exercise was to harmonize the drills and procedures of both Army and Police for activating anti-terrorist Quick Reaction Teams to counter any terrorist actions in Pune.
- Global Hunger Index 2020 released on 16th October 2020. India ranks 94 among 107 countries with a score of 27.2, India has a level of hunger that is “serious“. Last year India’s rank was 102 out of 117 countries.
The Global Hunger Index is jointly published by Concern Worldwide and Welthungerhilfe, designed to comprehensively measure and track hunger at the global, regional, and country levels.
- Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern’s centre-left Labour Party won a landslide victory in New Zealand general election on 17th October 2020.
- Global Tuberculosis Report, 2020 released on October 14, 2020 by the World Health Organization. India registered a decline in the notification of tuberculosis (TB) cases by about 85 per cent in April this year.
- Suzlon Group has appointed the Ashwani Kumar as Group CEO.
- Author and politician Shashi Tharoor shared on twitter about his magnum opus. His new book on the theory, evolution & practice of Nationalism, worldwide & especially in India “The Battle of Belonging” will be released next month.
- Director Soumitra Ranade has announced new children’s book “Bhrigu and The Palace of Mirror”. The book is written and illustrated by Soumitra Ranade & it is being published by Hachette India. The book will release on October 20. Director Soumitra Ranade is best known for his films “Albert Pinto ko Gussa Kyun Aata Hai?” and “Jajantaram Mamantaram”.
- Carnatic vocalist Shri Puliyur Subramaniam Narayanaswamy passed away on 16th October, 2020. He was 86. He was one among the finest gurus of carnatic music in India. He received the Padma bhushana award in 2003.