Inauguration of Pune Metro Rail Project and Various Developmental Projects
⇒ Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi visited Pune on 6th March 2022 and inaugurated the Pune Metro Rail Project. He also inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of various development projects.
» Prime Minister unveiled the statue of Shri Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj in the premises of Pune Municipal Corporation. The Statue is made up of 1850 kg gun metal and is about 9.5 feet tall.
» The Prime Minister inaugurated the Pune Metro Rail Project.
- The foundation stone of the Pune Metro Rail Project was laid by the Prime Minister on 24 December 2016.
- Prime Minister inaugurated 12 km stretch of the total 32.2 km Pune metro rail project. The entire project is being built at a total cost of more than Rs 11,400 crore.
- The Prime Minister also inaugurated and inspected Exhibition at Garware Metro Station and undertook a metro ride from there to Anandnagar Metro Station.
- Pune Metro Rail Project consists of two corridors, North- South Corridor (Purple line) and East-West Corridor (Aqua line) with a total length of 33.2 km and 30 stations.
- The length of elevated section is 27.2 km and length of underground section is 6 km.
» The Prime Minister laid the foundation stone of rejuvenation and pollution abatement of Mula-Mutha River projects.
- Rejuvenation will be done in 9 Km stretch of the river at a project cost of more than Rs.1080 crores.
- It will involve works such as river edge protection, interceptor sewage network, public amenities, boating activity etc.
- Mula-Mutha River pollution abatement project will be implemented on the concept of “One City One Operator” at a cost of over Rs 1470 crore.
- A total of 11 sewage treatment plants will be constructed under the project, with a combined capacity of around 400 MLD.
» Prime Minister also inaugurated the R.K Laxman Art Gallery-Museum constructed at Balewadi, Pune.
- The main attraction of the Museum is a miniature model based on the village of Malgudi which will be made alive through the audio-visual effects.
- Cartoons drawn by cartoonist R K Laxman will be showcased in the Museum.
Trials of ‘Kavach’
⇒ Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Union Minister of Railways, Communication and Electronics & Information Technology inspected the trial of ‘Kavach’ working system between Gullaguda-Chitgidda Railway stations on Lingampalli-Vikarabad section in Secunderabad Division of South-Central Railway.
- The KAVACH is an indigenously developed Automatic Train Protection (ATP) system by Research Design and Standards Organisation (RDSO) in collaboration with Indian industry.
- ‘Kavach’ is one of the cheapest, Safety Integrity Level 4 (SIL-4) certified technologies with the probability of error is 1 in 10,000 years.
- KAVACH is meant to provide protection by preventing trains to pass the signal at Danger (Red) and avoid collision. It activates the train braking system automatically if the driver fails to control the train as per the speed restrictions.
- In addition, it prevents collision between two Locomotives equipped with functional KAVACH system.
Ispat Rajbhasha Award
National Mineral Development Corporation Ltd (NMDC), Country’s largest Iron Ore producer, a CPSE under Ministry of Steel received 1st prize in the Ispat Rajbhasha Award for 2018-19 and 2020-21 and the Ispat Rajbhasha Prerna Award for 2019-20.
The award was received in the meeting of the Hindi Salahakar Committee of the Ministry of Steel held on 3 March 2022 in Madurai.
On the occasion, the Minister of State for Steel Shri Faggan Singh Kulaste presented the Citation for a period of three years to the Deputy General Manager (Official Language), NMDC.
⇒ The Indian government mounted a massive rescue operation named ‘Operation Ganga’ to bring back Indian citizens stranded in Ukraine.
- Air India, Air India Express, IndiGo and SpiceJet joined the Operation Ganga mission operating multiple flights from Ukraine’s neighbouring countries to Delhi and Mumbai.
- Ministry of External Affairs, in close coordination with Ministry of Civil Aviation, made all efforts and brought the Indian students back to India in fast pace.
India’s first indigenous Flying Trainer HANSA-NG
⇒ India’s first indigenous Flying Trainer HANSA-NG has successfully completed the sea level trials at Puducherry from 19th February to 5th March, 2022.
Designed and developed by:
It has been designed and developed by CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories, Bangalore under the aegis of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research.
» The aircraft was flown to Puducherry covering 140 nautical miles in one and half hours at a cruising speed of 155 km/hr on 19th February 2022.
» The objectives of sea level trials were to evaluate handling qualities, climb / cruise performance, balked landing, structural performance including positive & negative G, power plant and other systems performance.
- HANSA-NG is one of the most advanced flying trainer powered by Rotax Digital Control Engine with unique features like Just-In-Time Prepreg (JIPREG) Composite light weight Airframe, Glass Cockpit, Bubble Canopy with wide panoramic view, electrically operated flaps etc.
- HANSA-NG is designed to meet the Indian flying club needs and it is an ideal aircraft for Commercial Pilot Licensing (CPL) due to its low cost and low fuel consumption.
International Summit on Plastics Recycling & Waste Management
⇒ Union Minister of State for MSME inaugurated the International Summit on Plastics Recycling & Waste Management from March 4-5, 2022 in New Delhi.
The summit was organized by Ministry of MSME in association with The All-India Plastics Manufacturers’ Association (AIPMA).
- Ministry of MSME also launched two special initiatives – ‘Sambhav’ and ‘Svavlamban’ to promote entrepreneurship amongst youth, especially in aspirational Districts all across the country.
- The Mega International Summit emphasized on “Know your Waste and how Recycling is the right thing to do, which is to be done in a right way”.
- The 2-day Summit brought together distinguished speakers -National and International from the Government and Industry to deliberate upon challenges and opportunities in the Plastics.
- The summit was attended by more than 350 MSME’s physically and more than 1000 MSMEs virtually from all over the country.
Book ‘Mutnuri Krishna Rao Sampadakeeyalu’
⇒ The Vice President, Shri M Venkaiah Naidu released a collection of editorials titled ‘Mutnuri Krishna Rao Sampadakeeyalu’ in Hyderabad on 06 March 2022.
The book is a collection of editorials of pioneering Telugu journalist and is authored by Sri Marumamula Dattatreya Sharma.
The Vice President appreciated Sri Marumamula Dattatreya Sharma for bringing out the book and hoped that it would make the present generation aware of the high standards of journalistic values set by Shri Krishna Rao.