- On 21 Aug 2020, in the presence of Shri Prahlad Singh Patel, the Union Minister of State for Tourism (IC), a formal Memorandum of Understanding was virtually signed by the “Travel Agents Association of India and FICCI Ladies Organisation” with Ministry of Tourism. The aim is to promote tourism as sustainable livelihood model for women’s economic empowerment.
- Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari inaugurated a app “Harit Path” on 21 Aug 2020. National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has developed this mobile App. “Harit Path” will monitor location, growth, species details, maintenance activities, targets and achievements of each of its field units for each and every plant under all plantation projects.
- Union Minister for Tribal Affairs, Shri Arjun Munda, e-inaugurated via a video conference a “Tribes India Showroom” in Indian Globe Chambers of LIC Western Zonal Office, Fort, Mumbai on 21 Aug 2020.
- Scientists at the International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy & New Materials (ARCI) have developed a couple of cost-effective electrode material for making affordable supercapacitor devices, from waste biomass like tamarind seeds and industrial cotton waste. Published in “Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics“.
- Industrial Training Institute (ITI), Berhampur has registered three of its innovative products developed to fight against the novel Coronavirus in the patent journal. All these three products includes Mobile Swab Collection Kisok, UVC Sole Sanitizer & UVC robo Warrior.
Short Film Contest Awards:
Winners have been announced of Short Film Contest on the theme of Patriotism organized by Ministry of Information and Broadcasting along with National Film Development Corporation (NFDC). As part of Independence Day celebrations 2020, Online Short Film contest went live on 14th July, 2020 on the MyGov portal and ended on 7th August 2020.
Winners of Short Film Contest:
|1st Prize||Abhijit Paul||Am I?|
|2nd Prize||Debojo Sanjiv||Ab India Banega Bharat|
|3rd Prize||Yuvraj Gokul||10 Rupees|
National Sports Awards 2020:
National Sports Awards 2020 announced on 21 Aug 2020. On 29 August 2020, the awardees will receive their awards from the Hon’ble President of India through virtual mode from Rashtrapati Bhawan.
RAJIV GANDHI KHEL RATNA AWARD:
|S. no.||Name of the Sportsperson||Discipline|
|1||Shri Rohit Sharma||Cricket|
|2||Shri Mariyappan T.||Para Athletics|
|3||Ms. Manika Batra||Table Tennis|
- BJP MLA from Deoria Sadar seat, Janmejay Singh, died of a cardiac arrest at Lucknow on 21 Aug 2020. He was 75.
- NIT-K, Surathkal has ranked 4th globally in the list of universities in Google Summer of Code- 2020 (GSoC 2020).
GSoC is a global program organized by Google Open Source team. It aims to introduce students to open source software development.