Induction of the first set of indigenously developed Specialist Vehicles
⇒ General MM Naravane, Chief of Army Staff (COAS), accompanied by Lt Gen Manoj Pande, the Vice Chief of Army Staff visited Pune for two days.
At a function organized at the Bombay Engineer Group (BEG) and Centre on 12 April 2022, the Army Chief inducted the first set of indigenously developed Specialist Vehicles into service.
These Specialist Vehicles are:
- Quick Reaction Fighting Vehicle Medium (QRFV), Infantry Protected Mobility Vehicle (IPMV), Ultra Long-Range Observation System – developed by Tata Advanced System Limited (TASL)
- Monocoque Hull Multi Role Mine Protected Armoured Vehicle developed by Bharat Forge
Chairperson of the National Commission for Minorities
⇒ Shri S. Iqbal Singh Lalpura has assumed charge as Chairperson of the National Commission for Minorities, NCM, on 13 April 2022 in New Delhi. He was re-nominated as Chairperson vide Ministry of Minority Affairs on 12 April 2022.
Book titled 'Culture and the Literary: Matter, Metaphor, Memory'
⇒ Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M) director, V Kamakoti launched a book titled ‘Culture and the Literary: Matter, Metaphor, Memory’, that explores the human mind and the way technology influenced.
The book has been authored by Avishek Parui, assistant professor in the Institute’s Humanities and Social Sciences Department.
During the event Mr Kamakoti said:
The book covers medicine, culture, technology, history, memory and forgetting. I see it from a Computer Scientist’s point of view. This book will open up a special understanding of artificial intelligence from human perspective.
Sensor-based irrigation system using Bank Filtration Technology
⇒ A sensor-based irrigation system using bank filtration technology and controlled via Web/Mobile app has been installed at Sal River near Navelim and Nauta Lake at Cortalim, Goa. This has prevented wastage of water in the area and also made it easy for farmers to monitor the irrigation remotely.
- It provides clean water to farmers for irrigation through River Bank Filtration (RBF) technology coupled with a sensor-controlled irrigation system, which is the first of its kind in the region.
- RBF operates by extracting water from wells located near rivers or lakes.
The irrigation system was implemented by The Energy and Resources Institute, in collaboration with the National Institute of Technology, Goa. It is supported by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, under the umbrella of Demand Driven Mission – Water Technology Initiative.
East Asia Summit (EAS) Workshop
⇒ Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Government of India and the Government of Singapore organized a virtual East Asia Summit (EAS) Workshop on Illegal, Unreported, and Unregulated (IUU) Fishing on 12 April 2022.
The summit was co-chaired by India and Singapore Food Agency (SFA).
The workshop was attended by 8 EAS member countries, and 4 knowledge partners, officials of Department of Fisheries, Government of India, Fisheries officials of different States/UTs and other invitees.
- The Technical Session 1 was focused on regional collaborations in combating IUU fishing and was Chaired by Singapore Food Agency.
- The knowledge-partners, namely, the Bay of Bengal Programme Inter-Governmental Organization (BOBPIGO), the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO), the Southeast Asian Fisheries Development Center (SEAFDEC) and the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) shared the regional efforts and the groundbreaking and continuous efforts being taken to combat IUU fishing.
⇒ Union Minister for Youth Affairs & Sports, Shri Anurag Singh Thakur virtually inaugurated the valedictory session of E-Khel Pathshala on 13 April 2022.
It was organized by SAI LNCPE, Thiruvananthapuram under the Union Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports.
- The 7th batch programme was conducted from 14 February to 13 April 2022.
About e-Khel Pathshala:
- The aim of the e-Khel Pathshala is to make sports-related knowledge accessible to all parts of the country, regardless of geographical constraints.
- It has the professionally designed curriculum developed in consultation with National Sports Federations, eminent coaches, athletes, and experts.
- This programme is organized in association with the Ministry of Education, Khelo India and Fit India.
- E-Khel Pathshala is a project conceptualized by Sports Authority of India to provide uniform structured online training courses to Physical Education Teachers and Community Coaches/ learners at grassroot level on Sports e-learning platform.