- Hindustani Awam Morcha (HAM) president Jitan Ram Manjhi has been appointed as the “Pro-Tem Speaker” of the Bihar legislative assembly, on November 19, 2020. Bihar Governor Phagu Chauhan administered him the oath of office. He has been made pro-tem Speaker for two days i.e. for 23-24 November, till the Speaker of the Bihar Legislative Assembly is elected.
Infinity Ride 2020:
- Border Security Force (BSF), in association with Aditya Mehta Foundation is organizing a Para-Cycling expedition “Infinity Ride 2020“. The expedition commenced from Srinagar on 19 November 2020 and will culminate at Southern tip of India at Kanyakumari Tamil Nadu on 31st December this year.
The expedition was flagged off by Rakesh Asthana, Director General of BSF at Nishat Bagh in Srinagar. 28 participants are taking part in more than 3800 kms cycling, traversing the entire country.
Lilavati Award- 2020:
- Union Minister of Education Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal, “Nishank” Virtually launched ‘Lilavati Award- 2020‘ on November 17, 2020. It is an AICTE’s Innovative education program to empower women.
The theme of the award is ‘women empowerment’. The objective of the award is to create awareness about issues like sanitation, hygiene, health, nutrition, literacy, employment, technology, credit, marketing, innovation, skill development, natural resources and rights, among women.
- The Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM) has signed an agreement with World Bank on 16 November 2020. Under the agreement, World Bank is to provide advisory services to DIPAM for asset monetization.
Bengaluru Tech Summit, 2020:
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated Bengaluru Tech Summit, 2020 on 19th November, 2020. It was held from 19 November to 21 November, 2020. This year, the theme of the summit was “Next is Now”.
The summit was organised by the Government of Karnataka along with Karnataka Innovation and Technology Society, Karnataka government’s Vision Group on Information Technology, Biotechnology & StartUp, Software Technology Parks of India and MM Activ Sci-Tech Communications.
In Bengaluru Tech Summit Mr. Scott Morrison, Prime Minister of Australia, Mr. Guy Parmelin, Vice President of the Swiss Confederation and many other prominent international figures participated.
Myanmar General election 2020:
- General election 2020 was held in Myanmar on 8 November 2020. Aung San Suu Kyi and her National League for Democracy (NLD) party won the election & secured enough seats in parliament to form the next government.
- On November 17, 2020, twitter written about the ‘Fleets‘ on blog post. After tested in Brazil, Italy, India, and South Korea, twitter is launching Fleets globally. Using this feature everyone can easily join the conversation in a new way – with their fleeting thoughts.
The ephemeral tweets, which it called “fleets”, will be disappeared in 24 hours. Fleets can’t be retweeted and they won’t have “likes” option.
- Jharkhand celebrated their Statehood Day on November 15.