- On 17 November, 2020, Union Minister of Science & Technology, Earth Sciences and Health & Family Welfare Dr Harsh Vardhan inaugurated the curtain raiser of IISF-2020 for kick-starting different events of the 6th edition of IISF, in New Delhi.
This year, India International Science Festival 2020 will begin on the birthday of Srinivas Ramanujan i.e. on December 22, 2020. It will culminate on 25 December 2020, the birthday of former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee. IISF-2020 will be a Virtual Event.
IISF-2020 theme is “Science for Self-Reliant India and Global Welfare.” This year, IISF’s vision is to promote Atma Nirbhar Bharat and Global Welfare through Science, Technology and Innovation.
It is being organized by Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) in collaboration with Department of Science and Technology (DST), Ministry of Earth Sciences, Department of Biotechnology, Indian Council of Medical Research, and Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA).
PM-FME Scheme & GIS ODOP:
- On 17 November, 2020, Union Minister for Food Processing Industries Shri Narendra Singh Tomar virtually inaugurated the capacity building component of the “Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro food processing Enterprises scheme” (PM-FME Scheme). He also launched the GIS One District One Product (ODOP) digital map of India.
Under the capacity building component of the PM-FME scheme, training of the Master Trainers would be delivered through online mode, classroom lecture and demonstration, and self-paced online learning material. NIFTEM and IIFPT are providing training and research support in partnership with State Level Technical Institutions.
PM-FME Scheme is a centrally sponsored scheme. It aims to enhance the competitiveness of existing individual micro-enterprises in the unorganized segment of the food processing industry and promote formalization of the sector. It provides support to Farmer Producer Organizations, Self Help Groups, and Producers Cooperatives along their entire value chain.
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare digitally addressed the Ministerial meeting of the Global Prevention Coalition (GPC) for HIV Prevention on November 18, 2020. This meeting of the Global Prevention Coalition for HIV Prevention was organized by the United Nations AIDS-UNAIDS and the United Nations Population Fund-UNFPA.
3rd Annual Bloomberg New Economy Forum:
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed at the 3rd Annual Bloomberg New Economy Forum on November 17, 2020 via video conferencing. Speaking at the 3rd Annual Bloomberg New Economy Forum, PM said to investors, if you are looking to invest in urbanization, mobility, innovation, sustainable solutions, India has exciting opportunities for you.
The Bloomberg New Economy Forum was established in 2018 by Mr. Michael Bloomberg. The inaugural Forum was held in Singapore, and the second annual Forum was hosted in Beijing.
- Former Governor of Goa Mridula Sinha died at AIIMS in Delhi on 18 November 2020. She was 77. She was the first woman Governor of Goa.
- President of the Karnataka Bayalata Academy & Rajyotsava award winner T B Solabakkanavar was passed away due to COVID-19 related complications, in Hubbali, on November 19, 2020. He was 73.