Climate Resilience Information System and Planning (CRISP-M) tool
⇒ Union Minister of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj Shri Giriraj Singh along with Lord Tariq Ahmad jointly launched Climate Resilience Information System and Planning (CRISP-M) tool for integration of climate information in Geographic Information System (GIS) based watershed planning under Mahatma Gandhi NREGA.
Mr. Lord Tariq Ahmad is Minister of State for South Asia and the Commonwealth in the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office.
- The CRISP-M tool will help embed climate information in the GIS based planning and implementation of Mahatma Gandhi NREGS.
- MGNREGS is already being used as a mechanism to deliver climate resilience in various projects.
- The implementation of CRISP-M will open up new possibilities for Rural communities to deal with climate change.
- This tool will be used in seven states where in the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), Government of UK and Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India are jointly working towards climate resilience. The states are Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Odisha and Rajasthan.
⇒ Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting Shri Anurag Singh Thakur launched MyParkings app.
This app has been developed by Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Limited (BECIL) with South Delhi Municipal Corporation with the purpose to digitize all authorized parking under SDMC municipal limits.
- This facility will be rolled out in future to other municipality divisions across India.
MyParkings is a IOT technology-enabled end-to-end digital solution and will be available for use with
- Mobile App both in Android & iOS platforms
- Prepaid Cards
- Enabled Smart QR Codes
MyParking app will offer the following features:
- On Spot & Advanced Bookings of vehicle Parking
- Flexibility of selecting slots through easy-to-use mobile app
- Parking solution enabled with Prepaid/Smart Cards
- Option of Paperless check-in & check-out of the vehicles
- Share parking for Safety & recall
- Display of Amenities & facilities in & nearby parking location, etc.
4th G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) Meeting
⇒ Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt Nirmala Sitharaman participated in the 4th G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG) Meeting under the Italian Presidency held on 13th October, 2021 in Washington DC on the sidelines of the IMF-World Bank Annual Meetings.
- The meeting was the final FMCBG Meeting under the G20 Italian Presidency.
Discussions and Agreements:
» Various issues concerning global economic recovery, pandemic support to vulnerable countries, global health, climate action, international taxation and financial sector issues were discussed at the meeting.
» For addressing tax challenges arising from the digitalization of the economy:
- The G20 FMCBGs endorsed the final agreement as set out in the Statement on a two-pillar solution and the Detailed Implementation Plan released by the OECD/G20 Inclusive Framework on Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) on 8th October, 2021.
World Standards Day
⇒ World Standards Day, also called International Standards Day, is celebrated globally on October 14 every year.
The theme of the World Standards Day 2021 is ‘Standards for sustainable development goals (SDGs)- our shared vision for a better world’.
- On the occasion of World Standards Day, Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) organized a day-long event on the theme of ‘Shared Vision for a Better World’ Standards for Sustainable Development Goals at its headquarters in New Delhi.
The day is marked to raise awareness about the importance of standardization in the global economy among the consumers, regulators and industry.
World Standards Day, which is a means of paying tribute to the collaborative efforts of thousands of experts worldwide who develop the voluntary technical agreements that are published as International Standards.
World Standard Day was first created on October 14, 1946 in the presence of well-known experts and delegates from around 25 countries in London. The event was attended by international standards bodies like ISO, IEC, and ITU.
The first time World Standard Day was celebrated in 1970.