- Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju announced Panchkula, Haryana as the host of Khelo India Youth Games 2021, Announcement of dates will be next year.
- To convert late Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa’s Poes Garden residence into memorial, Tamilnadu govt. deposited Rs 67.9 crore in the city Civil Court for acquiring the residence.
- The “groundbreaking ceremony” or “bhoomi poojan” will be held inside the Ram Janmabhoomi complex for the construction of the Ram Temple and a total of 150 to 200 people are likely to attend, PM narendra Modi will also attend this ceremony. During this ceremony there will be “deepotsava” in all houses and temples on the nights of 4th and 5th August.
IPL Chairman Brijesh Patel confirms IPL 2020 will set to begin on September 19 and final on November 8, 51-day Indian Premier League 2020 will be conducted in UAE.
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) on 22 July 2020 launched UPI AutoPay feature to enable automatic debit for recurring payments. The new feature allows users to set an e-mandate through their UPI ID or QR Scan for transactions up to Rs 2,000. The customers would still require UPI PIN to authenticate transactions above Rs 2,000.
- Delhi Chief Minister mentioned on 21 July 2020 that the state cabinet has approved the scheme “Mukhya Mantri Ghar Ghar Ration Yojana”. This scheme will help the beneficiaries avail of the doorstep delivery of ration. Home delivery of ration will start in the next six to seven months.
- Almost 25 years after Kakrapar Atomic Power Plant was commissioned, the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) has achieved criticality on 22 July 2020 of a third unit of 700 MWe at the plant situated in Tapi, Gujarat. PM modi tweeted, This indigenously designed 700 MWe KAPP-3 reactor is a shining example of Make in India. And a trailblazer for many such future achievements!