Kerala decided to institute State awards on the lines of the Padma awards
⇒ The Cabinet of Kerala has decided to institute State awards on the lines of the Padma awards presented nationally for exemplary contribution to various fields.
About State Award:
The State awards will be titled ‘Kerala Puraskarangal’. The State awards will be given in three categories.
There are three categories:
Kerala Jyothi: The Kerala Jyothi award will be presented to one individual in a year.
Kerala Prabha: The Kerala Prabha award will be given away to two persons.
Kerala Sree: The Kerala Sree award will be given away to five persons.
» The General Administration Department will invite nominations every year in the month of April. The awards will be announced on November 1, Kerala Piravi Day.
Southern Railway's First Integrated Management Systems Certified Train
⇒ Chennai–Mysore- Chennai Shatabdi Express becomes the first Integrated Management Systems (IMS) certified train of Southern Railway, first Shatabdi of Indian Railways and second mail/express train on Indian Railways.
Train No 12007/12008, Dr MGR Chennai Central – Mysore Jn – Dr MGR Chennai Central Shatabdi Express service is the first ever train service of Southern Railway to bag IMS Certification with ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 & ISO 45001:2018 Certifications.
The primary maintenance of the train is handled by Basin Bridge Coaching Depot of Chennai Division. This certification has been granted by the certification agency after comprehensive audit and duly verifying adherence by Railways to all laid down norms.
52nd edition of IHGF-DELHI FAIR–AUTUMN 2021
⇒ The 52nd edition of IHGF-DELHI FAIR – AUTUMN 2021 was held from 28th to 31st October 2021 at India Expo Centre & Mart, Greater Noida Expressway.
It was inaugurated by Shri Ramdas Athawale, Minister of State for Social Justice & Empowerment.
IHGF Delhi Fair (Autumn) 2021 has been organized by EPCH.
Over 1500 exhibitors from all across the country dealing in Home, Lifestyles, Fashion, Furniture & Textiles products displayed their latest designs and styles to the overseas buying community.
- The Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH) is an apex body of handicrafts exporters for promotion of exports of handicrafts and allied products and project India’s image as a reliable supplier of high-quality handcrafted goods and merchandise.
- EPCH is a nodal agency for promoting exports of handicrafts from the Country to various destinations of the world.
- Chairman, EPCH: Mr. Raj K Malhotra
- Director General, EPCH: Dr. Rakesh Kumar
CII Asia Health 2021 Summit
⇒ Union Minister of State (I/C) Science & Technology; Minister of State (I/C) Earth Sciences; MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh addressed the CII Asia Health 2021 summit in New Delhi on 28 October 2021.
It was organized by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
The theme of the Summit was ‘Transforming Healthcare for a better tomorrow’.
Addressing the CII Asia Health 2021 summit, the Union Minister said:
- Tele-medicine technology could save India around 5 billion US dollars annually and that Tele-medicine is no longer an option but a necessity.
- Dr Jitendra Singh called for innovative healthcare solutions like Telemedicine in a country like India, where there is a shortage of medical professionals, and millions of people live in rural areas without direct access to proper healthcare or treatment.
- The implementation of tele-medicine technology could save India between 4-5 billion US dollars every year and replace half of in-person outpatient consultations.
Loan signed between Govt of India and ADB
⇒ The Government of India and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a $251 million loan for climate-resilient, integrated urban flood protection and management in the Chennai-Kosasthalaiyar basin to strengthen resilience of Chennai city to floods on 28 October 2021.
The project interventions will help reduce the vulnerability of Chennai–Kosasthalaiyar basin residents to frequent floods, which have in recent years destroyed property and livelihoods.
18th India-ASEAN Summit
⇒ Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi participated in the 18th India-ASEAN Summit at the invitation of His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah of Brunei, the current Chair of ASEAN on 28 October 2021.
- Prime Minister co-chaired the 18th India-ASEAN Summit. This was the ninth ASEAN-India Summit attended by him.
The Summit was attended by Heads of State/Government of the ASEAN Countries.
» Highlighting the milestone of 30th anniversary of India-ASEAN Partnership, the leaders announced the Year 2022 as India-ASEAN Friendship Year.
» ASEAN-India Summits are held annually and provide opportunity for India and ASEAN to engage at the highest level.
- The 18th ASEAN-India Summit reviewed the status of ASEAN-India Strategic Partnership and took stock of progress made in key areas including Covid-19 & Health, Trade & Commerce, Connectivity, and Education & Culture.
- The discussions also covered regional and international issues of common interest and concern, including South China Sea and terrorism.
- The leaders exchanged views on enhancing India-ASEAN connectivity in broadest terms including physical, digital and people to people.
- To further strengthen India-ASEAN cultural connectivity, Prime Minister announced India’s support for establishing the ASEAN Cultural Heritage List.
Sixth Edition of the BRICS Film Festival
⇒ The awards for the BRICS Film Festival 2021 were announced at the closing ceremony of IFFI 52. This was the Sixth Edition of the BRICS Film Festival.
For the first time the BRICS Film Festival was held alongside the 52nd International Film Festival of India in Goa during November 20-28, 2021.