- The Vice President Shri M Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated 14th Edition of FICCI HEAL through a video conference on 29th September, 2020. The theme of the 14th Edition of FICCI HEAL was “Post COVID Healthcare World-The New Beginning”.
On the occasion, he emphasised the importance of a healthy body and healthy mind saying we have to follow the concepts of “Dinacharya”- Daily regimes and “Ritucharya”- Seasonal regimes to maintain a healthy life.
- Under the Namami Gange Mission, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated 6 mega development projects in Uttarakhand via video conferencing on 29th September, 2020.
On the Occasion, He also inaugurated the Ganga Avalokan Museum, the first of its kind on the River Ganga at Haridwar.
He released a book “Rowing Down the Ganges” and the new logo for the Jal Jeevan Mission.
The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi also unveiled the “Margadarshika for Gram Panchayats and Paani Samitis under Jal Jeevan Mission” (Guidelines for the Village Panchayats and Water Committees) on the occasion.
- The three bills on labour codes were passed in the Lok Sabha on 22nd September, 2020 & it was approved by Rajya Sabha on 23rd September, 2020.
The Bills are:
(i) Industrial Relations Code, 2020
(ii) Code on Occupational Safety, Health & Working Conditions Code, 2020
(iii) Social Security Code, 2020
Some salient features are:
- The Codes to Promote Harmonious Industrial Relations for higher productivity and more employment
- It will establish transparent, answerable and simple mechanism reducing to one registration, one license and one return for all codes.
- Helpline to redress grievances of Migrant Workers
- Migrant Workers to get journey allowance from Employer, to visit home town once a year
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar will visit Tokyo from 6 to 7 October, 2020. He will attend a ministerial meeting of the ‘Quadrilateral’ coalition and hold talks with his Japanese counterpart Toshimitsu Motegi on ways to further deepen bilateral ties. He will also attend the Second India-Australia-Japan-USA ministerial meeting on October 6.
- The Southern Railway has appointed B G Mallya as Additional General Manager (AGM) on 28th September, 2020.
- Under the Sports ministry’s flagship Khelo India scheme, the Sports Ministry is set to establish the Khelo India Centre of Excellence (KISCE) in six states. This is another step towards building a robust sports ecosystem in the country.
The six centres include:
- Assam – State Sports Academy, Sarjusajai Sports Complex, Guwahati
- Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu – New Sports Complex, Silvassa
- Maharashtra – Sree Shiv Chhatrapati Shivaji Sports Complex, Balewadi, Pune
- Madhya Pradesh – MP Academy, Bhopal
- Meghalaya – JNS Complex Shillong
- Sikkim – Paljor Stadium, Gangtok
- World Heart Day is annually observed on September 29 globaly. This aims to enhance the public awareness about cardiovascular diseases, their prevention and global impact.
- Assam’s first and only woman chief minister Syeda Anwara Taimur passed away in Australia due to cardiac arrest on 28th September, 2020. She was 84 years old.