Mobile Train Radio Communication (MTRC) System:
- For the first time in Indian Railways, Mobile Train Radio Communication (MTRC) System commissioned in Western Railway Trains.
General Manager, Western Railway, Shri Alok Kansal inaugurated the newly commissioned Mobile Train Radio Communication (MTRC) system, in Mumbai, on 1st March, 2021.
The Mobile Train Radio Communication system is an effective and a technologically advanced communication system which can play an intrinsic role in preventing train accidents and reducing delays through effective communication. It facilitates an instant and constant interaction of train crew with the Control Centre and the Station Master.
"Sugamya Bharat App" and a handbook entitled "Access – The Photo Digest:
- Union Minister for Social justice and Empowerment Shri Thaawarchand Gehlot virtually launched the “Sugamya Bharat App” and a handbook entitled “Access – The Photo Digest” through video conference, on 2 March 2021.
The App and the handbook have been developed by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Sugamya Bharat APP:
The Crowdsourcing Mobile Application is a means for sensitising and enhancing accessibility, in the 3 pillars of the Accessible India Campaign. 3 pillars of the Accessible India Campaign are built environment, transportation sector, and ICT ecosystem in India.
A booklet titled “Access-the Photo Digest” has a collection of photographs of different States and union territories.
3rd & Final Edition of Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav 2021:
- The third and final edition of the Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav 2021, organized by the Ministry of Culture, Government of India, was held at Murshidabad, West Bengal. The Mahotsav in Murshidabad was held for two days, from 27th to 28th February 2021.
It was started with colourful performances by the local artists, which included ‘Baul Gaan’, ‘Alkup Gaan’, ‘Leto gaan’, ‘Jhumuriya’ and Ranpa folk dances.
Third JanAushadhi Diwas 2021:
- The third JanAushadhi Diwas 2021 celebrations commenced on 1 March 2021. It was a weeklong celebration from 1st March to 7th March 2021.
Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India, the implementing agency of Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya JanAushadhi Pariyojana, celebrated Third Janaushadhi Diwas on 7 March 2021.
The theme of the celebration was “Seva bhi – Rozgar bhi”.
JanAushadhi kendras conducted Health Checkup Camps across the country. These health check-up camps included Blood Pressure checkup, Sugar level checkup, free doctor consultation, free medicine distribution, etc. at various JanAushadhi kendras.
Principal Director General of PIB:
- Shri Jaideep Bhatnagar took over as Principal Director General, Press Information Bureau, on 01 March 2021.
'Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee (CISC)':
- Vice Admiral Atul Kumar Jain, PVSM, AVSM, VSM took over as ‘Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to Chairman Chiefs of Staff Committee (CISC)’ on 02 March 2021.
National Science Day 2021:
- National Science Day is celebrated in India every year on February 28, to mark the discovery of the Raman Effect by Indian physicist Sir CV Raman, back in 1928.
The theme for National Science Day 2021 celebration was “Future of STI (Science Technology Innovations): Impacts on Education, Skills and Work”. Read More About National Science Day 2021
9th Foundation Day of LPAI:
- The Land Ports Authority of India (LPAI) celebrated its 9th Foundation Day on 1 March 2021 in New Delhi.
11th Edition of the GAPIO-Global Indian Physicians Congress:
- Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare on 28 February 2021 addressed the Global Indian Physicians Congress, organized by the Global Association for Physicians of Indian Origin (GAPIO), through video conference. The 11th Edition of the GAPIO-Global Indian Physicians Congress was held on 27th – 28th February 2021.
In the Global Indian Physicians Congress, more than 5000 participants from USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Middle East, Africa, UAE, India and other countries participated in the Congress.
The aim of GAPIO is to bring together 1.4 million physicians of Indian origin in the world on one professional platform. Dr. Anupam Sibal is the current President of GAPIO.