- “AIR Scanner: PDF Scanner, AI Dictonary & Narrator“, a free-of-cost mobile application, has been developed Rohit Kumar Chaudhary and Kavin Agrawal, two final-year B.Tech students in the Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Bombay. AIR Scanner has been launched on Independence Day (15th August 2020). The AI (Artificial Intelligence) based Reading Assistant & Document Scanner app can scan documents and also read to users who have difficulty in reading English.
- Shri Piyush Goyal, Minister of Commerce and Industry & Railways and H.E. Tran Tuan Anh, Minister of Industry and Trade of Vietnam co-chaired the 17th ASEAN-India Economic Ministers Consultations held virtually on 29th August 2020. The meeting was attended by the Trade Ministers of all the 10 ASEAN countries Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Karnataka CM BS Yediyurappa & Minister of State of Railways Shri Suresh C Angadi, on 30 August 2020 flagged off first-ever Roll-On-Roll-Off (RORO) train between Nelamangala (Bengaluru) and Bale, Solapur, Maharashtra through video confrencing. RORO is a hassle-free, reduces accidents on the road, environment friendly, and presents a win-win situation to truck operators & industries. RORO services are combination of best features of road and rail transports in the sense that they offer door to door service with minimal handling transported by fat and direct rail link.
- Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari inaugurated on 30 Aug 2020, three important bridges and two road improvement projects in the Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra.
- 855 metre major bridge across Pranahita River on Nizamabad – Jagdalpur Road (NH 63) at a cost of Rs 168 crores,
- 630 metre high level bridge across the Indravati River near Patagudam on Nizamabad – Jagdalpur Road (NH 63) at a cost of Rs 248 crores
- 30 metre high level bridge near Lankachen on Bejurpalli – Aheri Road
- Improvement of Bejurpalli-Aheri Road (SH 275) between Watra and Moyabinpeta
- Improvement of Garanji – Pustola Road
- Elets Technomedia along with the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Department of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenaton, Government of India, is organizing “National Water Innovation Summit 2020” on 28 August 2020. The “Vattatha Uravakkayi Jalasamrudhi” project for water conservation in the Kattakada constituency has won the award for excellence at the National Water Innovation Summit organised by Elets Technomedia Pvt Ltd in association with the Union Ministry of Jal Shakti. The award was presented for innovation in rainwater harvesting.
- India and Russia were declared joint winners of the 2020 Online Chess Olympiad after the final was marred by internet disconnection and server malfunction on 30 August 2020.
- Congress Party’s sitting MLA from Bachhwara, Begusarai, Ramdeo Rai died on 29 August 2020. He was 77.