- Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare chaired a meeting with the various developmental partners working in the field of TB care and management in India.
He urged for a joint collaborative platform where all the partners could join hands and forces together in elimination of Tuberculosis by 2025 from India.
- Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank‘ addressed a virtual National Conference on “Empowering through Zero – Shunya Se Sashaktikaran” on November 24, 2020.
During the conference, he also launched the e-book “Innovation and Leadership Casebook – Covid Edition“, it comprise of the innovative efforts and work of the education officers and teachers.
It was organised by Sri Aurobindo Society.
ATAL Academy Faculty Development Programmes:
- Union Education Minister, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank‘ inaugurated 46 online AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy Faculty Development Programmes (FDPs) on 23 November 2020. This aimed to train teachers of higher education institutions associated with All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) in thrust and emerging areas in technology.
On this occasion, he said that it is a moment of pride for ATAL Academy to be included in the Book of World Records. The London-based organization has recognized the Faculty Development Programmes as a world record, under which 1,000 online Faculty Development Programmes in over 100 emerging areas.
bystander intervention training programme:
- On November 25, 2020, French cosmetics company L’Oreal Paris has launched ‘bystander intervention training programme’ in India. This is a part of its ‘Stand Up’ initiative, which is already launched in various countries like France, Spain, Italy and Mexico.
This global training initiative is against street harassment in India. Under this initiative, company have set target to train one million people in India by 2022-end.
The main purpose of ‘Stand Up’ initiative is to discourage harassers, & support the victims. It also encourages the bystanders to intervene in a safe manner.
- Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix 2020 was held over 57 laps of the 5.412-kilometre Bahrain International Circuit in Sakhir. British Mercedes Driver Lewis Hamilton won the Race, on November 29, 2020.
16th Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2020:
- 16th Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2020 was held on November 29, 2020. India’s Olympic gold-medallist shooter Abhinav Bindra was the event ambassador of the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2020.
Finishers of Airtel Delhi Half Marathon 2020 are:
Half Marathon Elite Men:
Rank 1-Amdework Walelegn- Ethiopian
Rank 2- Andamlak Belihu- Ethiopian
Half Marathon Elite Women:
Rank 1- Yalemzerf Yehualaw- Ethiopian
Rank 2- Ruth Chepngetich- Kenyan
Half Marathon Indian Elite Men:
Rank 1- Avinash Sable
Rank 2- Srinu Bugatha
Half Marathon Indian Elite Women:
Rank 1- Parul Chaudhary
Rank 2- Sanjivani Jadhav
- Nationalist Congress Party MLA Bharat Bhalke passed away due to post-COVID complications, on November 28, 2020. He was 60 years old. He was MLA from ‘Pandharpur- Mangalvedha’ constituency, in Solapur district of Maharastra.
- The state government of Andhra Pradesh has launched Abhayam project on November 23, 2020. This is a kind of initiative, which aims to ensure safety of women and children while travelling in public transport, particularly autorickshaws & taxis.
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy also launched the Abhayam app for this purpose. He also said Abhayam device would be fitted in public transport.