“Grand Hackathon” on Agriculture domain to promote open eCommerce network
⇒ Union Minister Shri Piyush Goyal launched a three-day “Grand Hackathon” on Agriculture domain to promote open eCommerce network on 01 July 2022.
The “Grand Hackathon” was organized by the Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) in collaboration with NABARD.
ONDC is a Government of India initiative that aims to build an open network for buyers and sellers to democratise the current e-commerce ecosystem in the country. It is also very crucial in democratizing the agri-value chain and ensuring the digital transformation of agri sector.
The “Grand Hackathon”, was subdivided into two categories; Agri Grant Challenge and Agri Innovation Hackathon that will showcase the innovations to aid the adoption of eCommerce in the agricultural sector.
- This was a hybrid event with the physical event held at the Bombay Stock Exchange in Fort, Mumbai.
- About 700 participants participated in the “GRADE Hackathon”, which thoroughly studied the hackathon challenges, technical requirements and presented their solutions for large-scale future application.
- As one of the first drives, the focus of this event was on the agricultural domain to solve agri domain needs.
- It brought various agricultural stakeholders, including individuals, organisations and promising start-ups, onto one accelerator activity.
- The flagship event was backed by many credited national initiatives/organisations like Start-Up India, Atal Innovation Mission, Beckn & Protean.
India's Largest Floating Solar Power Project
⇒ Tata Power Solar Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tata Power, has accomplished a remarkable feat by commissioning India’s largest floating solar power project in Kayamkulam, Kerala on a 350-acre water body, backwaters area.
- The floating solar power project is having an installed capacity of 101.6-Megawatt Peak.
- This project is the first one in the Floating Solar Photovoltaic (FSPV) through Power Purchase Agreement category.
- This plant boasts a floating inverter platform having a 5-Megawatt (MW) capacity.
- The large-scale installation and commissioning of this 101.6 MWp capacity solar plant have been the fastest in the FSPV category, with ready a Commercial Operation Date (CoD) certification, which means the project has been nodded as complete and operational.
Kempegowda International Award
⇒ Former Karnataka chief minister S M Krishna, Infosys founder and IT industry veteran N R Narayana Murthy, and former badminton player Prakash Padukone, have been selected for the ‘Kempegowda International Award’.
- The ‘Kempegowda International Award’ has been instituted beginning this year.
- The award carries a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh along with a plaque.
» Chief Minister Basavaraja Bommai presented the awards to recipients during the grand celebration on the 513th birth anniversary of Kempegowda, the architect of Bengaluru city, on June 27, 2022 at Vidhana Soudha.
First Black Woman Justice of the US Supreme Court
⇒ Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson took the judicial oath of office as an Associate Justice of the US Supreme Court from Justice Stephen Breyer.
The 51-year-old Jackson is the court’s 116th justice and became the first Black woman justice on the nation’s highest court.
Prime Minister of Israel
⇒ Israeli politician and former journalist Yair Lapid officially became the 14th Prime Minister of Israel since 1 July 2022.
Lapid’s term could be the short one as he takes over the caretaker government ahead of Israel’s election which was scheduled to take place on November 1.
2022 Malaysia Open
⇒ The 2022 Malaysia Open (Petronas Malaysia Open 2022) was held from 28 June to 03 July 2022 at the Axiata Arena in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- The 2022 Malaysia Open was the twelfth tournament of the 2022 BWF World Tour.
- The tournament was part of the Malaysia Open championships, which had been held since 1937.
- This tournament was organized by the Badminton Association of Malaysia with sanction from the BWF.
2022 Malaysia Open Winners:
Viktor Axelsen (Tokyo) beat Momota Kento (Thailand)
Ratchanok Intanon (Thailand) beat Chen Yufei (China)
Takuro Hoki (Japan) & Yugo Kobayashi (Japan) beat Fajar Alfian (Indonesia) & Muhammad Rian Ardianto (Indonesia)
Apriyani Rahayu (Indonesia) & Siti Fadia Silva Ramadhanti (Indonesia) beat Zheng Shu Xian (China) & Zheng Yu (China)
Zheng Si Wei (China) & Huang Ya Qiong (China) beat Dechapol Puavaranukroh (Thailand) & Sapsiree Taerarranachai (Thailand)
⇒ Chartered Accountants Day or CA Day is celebrated in India on 01 July every year. CA Day is a celebration of the foundation of ICAI.
- The Indian Parliament subsequently passed an act creating the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) as a statutory body.
- ICAI was then established on 1st July 1949.
- The ICAI is an institute responsible for regulating the accounting standards in India, and the CAs play an important role in the functioning and development of the country.