- The Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Ministry of Jal Shakti has launched the “Water Heroes – Share Your Stories” Contest (Water Heroes Contest 2.0) from 01 September 2020.
The aim of the contest is to reach out to people on the important subject of water conservation and management & the primary objectives of the Ministry of Jal Shakti is to make water conservation a people’s movement and strengthen the water consciousness in the country.
- The Union Cabinet on 02 September 2020 approved Jammu and Kashmir Official Languages Bill, 2020 under which Kashmiri, Dogri and Hindi, apart from the existing Urdu and English, will be the official languages in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir. The Proposed law will be introduced in Monsoon Session of Parliament.
- The Government of India banned 118 mobile apps, which are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, Defence of India, Security of State and Public Order. Some of the banned 118 mobile apps are: PUBG MOBILE Nordic Map: Livik, PUBG MOBILE LITE, AppLock, U-Dictionary: Oxford Dictionary Free Now Translate, Beauty Camera Plus – Sweet Camera & Face Selfie, Parallel Space Lite – Dual App, We Chat Work and We Chat Reading and more.
- The Government has announced a new comprehensive Civil Services reforms programme aimed at better services delivery to the public. The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has approved launching of a “Mission Karmayogi”- National Programme for Civil Services Capacity Building (NPCSCB) on 02 September 2020. The new National Architecture for Civil Services Capacity Building – “Mission Karmayogi” that aims to transform the capacity building apparatus at individual, institutional and process levels at Government of India. The Programme will be delivered by setting up an Integrated Government Online Training- iGOT Karmayogi Platform.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has approved MoU for cooperation in the field of geology and mineral resources between Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines, the Government of the Republic of India and Geological Survey of Finland, Ministry of Employment & the Economy, the Government of Finland.
This MoU aims to provide with a framework and a platform to promote and foster cooperation in the fields of geology, and mineral resources between the Participants for mutual economic, social and environmental benefit. The MoU will also share experiences on geological data management and information dissemination to promote exploration and mining, in the areas of geology and mineral resources.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will address USISPF 3rd Annual Leadership Summit through video conference on 3rd September 2020. The Theme of the 5 day Summit that began on the 31st of August is “US-India Navigating New Challenges”. The US-India Strategic Partnership Forum (USISPF) is a non-profit organization that works for the partnership between India and the US.
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh will on three-day visit to Moscow, Russia, on 3-5 September 2020 at the invitation of Defence Minister of Russian Federation General Shergei Shoigu. The official visit is to attend the combined meeting of Defence Ministers of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), Collective Security Treaty Organisation (CSTO) and Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) member States in commemoration of the 75th anniversary of victory in the world war II.
Hon’ble President of India has awarded Railway- Protection Force (RPF) personnel with Jeevan Raksha Padak awards as mentioned below:
- Sarvottam Jeevan Raksha Padak (posthumous)-Late Shri Jagbir Singh, Constable/Northern Railway
- Uttam Jeevan Raksha Padak– Shri Shivcharan Singh, Constable/ Western Railway
- Uttam Jeevan Raksha Padak– Shri Mukesh Kumar Meena, Head Constable/North Western Railway
- The Board of Directors of the Australia-India Council announced three new appointments on 31 Aug 2020. The Australian government has appointed former cricketer Matthew Hayden and Indian-born politician Lisa Singh as trade envoys to advance trade relations with India. Ashok Jacob has been re-elected as President and will be joined by three new board members.
- According to a provisional list of speakers issued by the world body for the high-level meeting, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to address the UN General Assembly on 26 September 2020.
- Sumit Nagal is the first Indian man to win a Grand Slam Main Draw match at the US Open Tennis in 7 years. He defeated American Bradley Klahn in four sets to enter the second round for the first time.
- England all-rounder Cricket Player David John Capel died on 02 September 2020 following a long illness. He was 57.