Home » Current Affairs Date: 10 August 2020

Current Affairs Date: 10 August 2020

  • International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, has invested Rs 75 crore (approximately $ 10 million) in “Seed and Early-Sate Venture Capital Fund Endiya Partners-II“.
  • The Delhi State Legal Services Authority under the aegis of National Legal Services Authority organised the first ever online lok adalat in delhi on 8th August 2020. It was presided over by Justice N.V Ramana, Judge Supreme Court of India and the Executive Chairman, NALSA.
  • Women’s 50-over world cup event’s CEO Andrea Nelson said world cup is postponed due to lack of player preparations. The Women’s 50-over World Cup was originally scheduled to take place in February-March next year but the ICC board decided to postpone the tournament by 12 months.
  • PM Narendra Modi inaugurated submarine optical fibre cable connecting Chennai Andaman & Nicobar through video link on 10 Aug 2020. This will boost the economy of Island. The submarine communications cable is laid on the seabed between land-based stations to transmit telecommunication signals across stretches of ocean and sea.
  • Toshiba has announced its exit from the 35 year old laptop business. Two years ago Toshiba sold 80.1% of its  stake to Sharp  for $36 million. After this, Sharp renamed the division as Dynabook. Now, Sharp has exercised its right to buy the remaining 19.9% of  shares.
  • PGA Championship 2020 held in TPC Harding Park in San Francisco, California from 6 Aug to 9 Aug 2020. Winner of this championship  is 23 years old US golf star Collin Morikawa. PGA Championship is an annual golf tournament conducted by the Professional Golfers Association of America.

Death:
  • Veteran Tamil producer V Swaminathan died of Covid-19 in Chennai on 10 Aug 2020. He was 67. He was one of the owners of the production house Lakshmi Movie Makers.
English English Hindi Hindi