- To support the developing nations, India has contributed $15.46 million to the India-UN Development Partnership Fund. India’s Permanent Representative handed over a cheque of $15.46 million to the United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation (UNOSSC) Director Jorge Chediek at a low-key ceremony on 04 Aug 2020.
- Quadrasystems.net India Private Limited has won the Microsoft Global Partner of the Year award at the Microsoft’s annual worldwide partner conference “Microsoft Inspire”.
- Google’s much awaited AirDrop feature will launch soon. Google will launch new feature “Nearby Share” within few weeks. Feature will enable sharing of files, pictures, videos and link directly between any Android devices running Android 6 and above.
- A massive explosion rocked Beirut, Lebanon. More than 70 people were killed and 3000 injured.
- America’s first Black Chief of Staff of the Air Force, Gen. Charles Q. Brown swearing in in an Oval Office ceremony on 04 Aug 2020. Donald Trump Hosted the Ceremony.
- Jawaharlal Nehru University got approval from the Higher Education Funding Agency (HEFA) for Rs.455.02 crore for construction of new academic buildings, hostels, research centres and installation of integrated and unified Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- The Jio MAMI (Mumbai Academy of Moving Image) 22nd Mumbai Film Festival postponed due coronavirus pandemic. MAMI decided that festival will be held in 2021.
- Former Maharashtra chief minister Shivajirao Patil Nilangekar died in Pune on 05 Aug 2020. He was 89.