Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi visits Gujarat
⇒ Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi visited Gujarat on 10th June 2022. The Prime Minister inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of multiple development initiatives during ‘Gujarat Gaurav Abhiyan’ in Navsari.
The Prime Minister inaugurated ‘A.M Naik Healthcare Complex and Nirali Multi Speciality Hospital in Navsari. He also inaugurated the headquarters of Indian National Space Promotion and Authorisation Centre (IN-SPACe) at Bopal, Ahmedabad.
PM in Navsari:
» Prime Minister participated in a programme named ‘Gujarat Gaurav Abhiyan’.
» During the programme, he inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of development initiatives worth about Rs 3050 crores at Khudvel, a tribal region in Navsari.
- This includes the inauguration of 7 projects, foundation stone laying for 12 projects and Bhumi Pujan of 14 projects. These projects will help in improving water supply in the region, along with boosting connectivity and enhancing ease of living.
» Prime Minister performed the Bhumi Pujan for 13 water supply projects for residents of Tapi, Navsari and Surat districts, worth ₹961 crores.
» He also performed the Bhumi Pujan of a Medical College in Navsari district, to be built at the cost of about ₹542 crores, which will help provide affordable and quality medical care to the people of the region.
» Prime Minister inaugurated Madhuban dam based Astol regional water supply project, built at the cost of about ₹586 crores.
- It is a marvel of water supply engineering skills.
» Also, ‘Nal Se Jal’ projects worth ₹163 crores were inaugurated by the Prime Minister.
- These projects will provide safe and adequate drinking water to the residents of Surat, Navsari, Valsad and Tapi districts.
» Prime Minister inaugurated Virpur Vyara substation, constructed at a cost of over ₹85 crores, to provide electricity to residents of Tapi district.
» A sewage treatment plant with a capacity of 14 MLD, worth ₹20 crores, was also inaugurated for Vapi city of Valsad district to facilitate wastewater treatment.
» Prime Minister inaugurated government quarters built in Navsari at a cost of over Rs 21 crores.
» He also inaugurated roads constructed from Piplaidevi – Juner – Chichvihir – Pipaldahad and school buildings constructed in Dang, at a cost of about Rs 12 crore each.
» Prime Minister laid the foundation stone of 8 water supply projects worth ₹549 crores, to provide clean drinking water to the residents of Surat, Navsari, Valsad and Tapi districts.
» Foundation stone of a wide road connecting Khergam and Pipalkhed, to be built at the cost of ₹33 crores in Navsari district, also laid.
» Another four-lane road will be constructed between Navsari and Bardoli via Supa, at a cost of about ₹27 crores.
» Prime Minister also laid the foundation stone for construction of Zila Panchayat Bhavan and for providing and fixing roller crash barrier in Dang at a cost of about Rs 28 crores and 10 crores respectively.
Headquarters of the IN-SPACe
⇒ The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the headquarters of the Indian National Space Promotion and Authorisation Centre (IN-SPACe) at Bopal, Ahmedabad, Gujarat on 10 June 2022.
Inaugurating the Indian National Space Promotion and Authorisation Centre (IN-SPACe), the PM termed the launch as a ‘watch this space’ moment for the Indian space industry as it would be a precursor to many developments and opportunities. “IN-SPACe is for space, IN-SPACe is for pace, and IN-SPACe is for ace.”
- The programme also witnessed the exchange of MoUs between IN-SPACe and private sector companies working in the field of space-based applications and services.
» The establishment of IN-SPACe was announced in June 2020. It is an autonomous and single window nodal agency in the Department of Space for the promotion, encouragement and regulation of space activities of both government and private entities. It also facilitates the usage of ISRO facilities by private entities.
Conference for promotion Civil Aviation Sector in Bihar
⇒ The Ministry of Civil Aviation, Government of India in collaboration with Government of Bihar and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry organized a Conference for promotion Civil Aviation Sector in the state of Bihar on 10 June 2022.
The conference brought together experts from Indian Aviation Sector for strengthening the state’s opportunities in Airports infrastructure, Heli services, agro-business, and tourist destinations, increase regional connectivity, attract investment, and identify business.
Civil Aviation is a key infrastructure sector that facilitates the growth of the business, and seamless flow of investment, trade, and tourism, with significant multiplier effects across the economy. Bihar is one of the progressive states in India and it has immense growth potential.
APEDA participates in London Wine Fair
⇒ The London Wine Fair was held from 7 – 9 June 2022. It is regarded as one of the world’s most important wine trade events.
In a bid to give a boost to the export of Indian wine, the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) facilitated participation of ten exporters in London Wine Fair, 2022.
- The Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA) works under the aegis of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
Indian exporters who participated in the London Wine Fair are Resvera wines, Sula vineyards, Good drop wine cellars, Hill Zill wines, KLC wines, Soma vine village, Grover Zampa vineyard, Plateaux Vintners, ASAV vineyards and Fratelli vineyards.
- India is the third-largest market for alcoholic beverages in the world, there are 12 joint venture companies having a licensed capacity of 33,919 kilo-litres per annum for the production of grain-based alcoholic beverages.
- Around 56 units are manufacturing beer under license from the government of India.
- India has exported 2.47 lakh metric tonne of alcoholic products to the world for the worth of USD 322.12 million during 2020-21.
- The major export destinations of Indian alcoholic products in 2020-21 were United Arab Emirates, Ghana, Singapore, Congo, and Cameroon, etc.
- Maharashtra has become an important state for wine manufacturing as there are more than 35 wineries in the state.
Baba Yogendra, founder member of Sanskar Bharati
⇒ Baba Yogendra, founder member of Sanskar Bharati, cultural wing of RSS passed away in Lucknow on 10 June 2022. He was 98.
Born in Basti district of Uttar Pradesh, Baba Yogendra came into touch with Nanaji Deshmukh and became Pracharak of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh.
When Sanskar Bharati was formed in 1981, he was entrusted with the organisational work. He is also known for his contribution to the fields of music, theatre, literature, sculpture, archeology and fine arts.
Baba received a number of awards including the prestigious Padma Shri award in 2018.