World’s First Microsensor based Explosive Trace Detector
- Union Education Minister, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ on 09 April 2021 launched NanoSniffer, the world’s first Microsensor based Explosive Trace Detector (ETD).
Developed & Marketed By:
It has been developed by an IIT Bombay incubated startup, NanoSniff Technologies.
NanoSniffer has been marketed by Vehant Technologies, a spin-off from a former IIT Delhi incubated startup Kritikal Solutions.
Union Minister said that this is home-grown explosive trace detector device. NanoSniffer can detect explosives in less than 10 seconds.
It also identifies and categorizes explosives into different classes. It detects all classes of military, conventional and homemade explosives. NanoSniffer gives visible & audible alerts with sunlight-readable color display.
HAL bagged Award at 30th National Award Ceremony
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) has bagged the first place for Innovative Training Practices 2019-20 at the 30th National Award ceremony. The award ceremony was held at New Delhi by Indian Society for Training & Development (ISTD).
Lok Nayak Foundation Sahitya Puraskaram for 2020
- Noted Dalit poet and scholar Katti Padma Rao received the Lok Nayak Foundation Sahitya Puraskaram for 2020 at the awards function held at Kalabharathi Auditorium, Visakhapatnam on 15 April 2021. He was chosen for the award in recognition of his contribution towards the uplift of the oppressed sections.
The Lok Nayak Foundation honouring the award to eminent writers from 2005. The award is instituted in memory of the late N T Rama Rao and the late Harivansha Rai Bacchan.
Second Highest Civilian French honour to Guneet Monga
- Oscar-winning producer Guneet Monga has been conferred with the second highest civilian French honour Chevalier dans l’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by French Foreign Affairs Minister H E Jean-Yves Le Drian on 13 April 2021.
She has been honored for her contribution to world cinema through her many successful Indo-French productions and relentless work towards women empowerment. She recently-founded Indian Women Rising is a Cinema Collective, an initiative to support and promote Indian female.
Monga is known for producing films like ‘The Lunchbox’ and ‘Masaan’.
103rd Meeting of the Development Committee of World Bank-IMF
- Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt Nirmala Sitharaman participated in the 103rd Meeting of the Development Committee Plenary of World Bank-IMF via video conferencing, on 09 April 2021.
Agenda of the Meeting included:
- World Bank Group and International Monetary Fund Support for Debt Relief, Under the Common Framework and Beyond
- COVID-19 pandemic: World Bank Group Support for Fair and Affordable Access to Vaccines by Developing Countries
- From COVID-19 Crisis Response to Resilient Recovery – Saving Lives and Livelihoods while Supporting Green, Resilient and Inclusive Development (GRID)
International Day for Street Children 2021
- Since 2012, the International Day for Street Children is observed every year globally on 12 April.
The International Day for Street Children is celebrated to recognise the humanity, dignity and defiance of street children in the face of unimaginable hardships.
The theme for the 2021 IDSC campaign was ‘Access to Essential Services’. Consortium for Street Children Network held the campaign from 6-12th April this year.
In 2018, Consortium for Street Children launched 5-year ‘4 Steps to Equality’ Campaign.
The 4 Steps to Equality is based on the UN General Comment on Children in Street Situations, breaking it into four actionable steps:
- Commit to Equality
- Protect Every Child
- Provide Access to Services
- Create Specialised Solutions
In 2021, The IDSC was concentrate on Step 3: Provide Access to Services.
Former Election Commissioner, G.V.G. Krishnamurty
- Former Election Commissioner G.V.G. Krishnamurty passed away on 14 April 2021. He was 86.
He served the Commission as Election Commissioner from October 1, 1993, to September 30, 1996″.
Hockey Player, Balbir Singh Junior
- Veteran Hockey Player, Balbir Singh Junior died on 11 April 2021. He was 88.
He was a member of the silver medal-winning 1958 Asian Games Indian Hockey Team.
Actor Vira Sathidar
- Actor Vira Sathidar has died in Nagpur on 13 April 2021. He was 62. He worked in the National Award-winning drama film ‘Court’.