Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi flagged off the ‘Padyatra’ (Freedom March) from Sabarmati Ashram, Ahmedabad on 12th March 2021. He also inaugurated the curtain raiser activities of the ‘Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav’ (India@75).
The Padyatra was flagged off by PM. Union Minister Shri Prahalad Singh Patel lead the first lap of 75 kilometers of the Padyatra. 81 padyatris participated in the padyatra going from Sabarmati Ashram in Ahmedabad to Dandi in Navsari. The journey of 241 miles was end on 5th April, 2021 lasting for 25 days.
Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav:
Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav is a series of events, which is being organized by the Government of India to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of India’s Independence. The Amrit Mahotsav program started from the Sabarmati Ashram, from where the Dandi March was began. Azadi ka Amrut Mahotsav commenced 75 weeks prior to Independence Day 2022 and would continue till Independence Day 2023.
5 pillars that have been decided for the celebration of the 75 years:
- Freedom Struggle
- Ideas at 75
- Achievements at 75
- Actions at 75 and
- Resolve at 75
APEDA launched Virtual Trade Fair (VTF)
- APEDA launched its first Virtual Trade Fair (VTF) on 10th March 2021. The fair was concluded on March 12, 2021.
The theme of the fair was ‘India Rice and Agro Commodity’, which was focused on showcasing the exports potential of various agricultural commodities.
The first of its kind initiative for boosting export potential of India’s agricultural and processed food products during COVID19 pandemic.
Advanced Light Torpedo Developed by NSTL
- The indigenously-instrumented Advanced Light Torpedo (TAL) successfully test-fired. Its maiden flight trial was carried out on 8 March 2021 with a parachute system from the Indian Navy’s Ilyushin Il-38 maritime patrol aircraft.
The Lightweight torpedo is developed by the Naval Science and Technological Laboratory (NSTL).
First Leaders' Summit of the Quadrilateral Framework
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi participated in the first Leaders’ Summit of the Quadrilateral Framework, along with Prime Minister of Australia Scott Morrison and Prime Minister of Japan Yoshihide Suga and President of USA Joseph R Biden, held on 12th March 2021.
The Leaders discussed the regional and global issues of shared interest, and exchange views on practical areas of cooperation towards maintaining a free, open and inclusive Indo-Pacific region.
CEO of Earth Fund
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos on 9 March 2021 announced Andrew Steer as the CEO of his $10 billion Earth Fund.
Andrew Steer currently serves as CEO of environmental non-profit the World Resources Institute.
The Earth Fund is designed to combat the effects of climate change by issuing grants to scientists, activists and other organizations in their efforts to “preserve and protect the natural world.”
BAFTA Games Awards 2021
- The 17th BAFTA Games Awards 2021 was hosted by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) on 25 March 2021. The award was to honor the best video games of 2020.
Important Winners are:
Best Game: ‘HADES-Supergiant Games’
British Game: ‘SACKBOY: A BIG ADVENTURE’
Debut Game: CARRION
Game Design: HADES-Supergiant Games
Performer in a Leading Role: LAURA BAILEY, as Abby in The Last of Us Part II
EE Game of the Year (voted for by the public): ‘THE LAST OF US PART II Naughty Dog/Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe.’
- Chief administrator of the spiritual movement Brahma Kumaris, Rajyogini Dadi Hriday Mohini died in Mumbai on 11 March 2021. She was 93.
- Former England fast bowler Joey Benjamin has died on 8 March 2021. He was 60.