- Google launched a new feature on 11 Aug 2020 which allows users in India to create “People Cards“, which are like virtual visiting cards. The feature will allow users to create a virtual visiting card on Google Search, and highlight their existing website or social profiles and information that they would like others to know.
- Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani launched the new scheme “Mukhyamantri Kisan Sahay Yojana” instead of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Bima Yojana (PMFBY) for this year only. Under this new scheme, farmers suffering crop loss due to drought, excessive rain or unseasonal rain, will get compensation without paying any premium.
- Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd has launched Ciprofloxacin and Dexamethasone Otic Suspension in the US market.
- President Vladimir Putin said on 11 Aug 2020 that Russia had become the first country in the world to grant regulatory approval to a COVID-19 vaccine after less than two months of human testing. Even as the final stage of clinical trials to test safety and efficacy continue.
- The Textile ministry has abolished the All India Handicrafts Board and the All India Handloom Board. These advisory bodies was created to help the government in “formulation of the overall development programmes” in the handicrafts and handloom sectors. This has been abolished “keeping in view socio-economic cultural and artistic perspective.”
- According to the official preliminary results released on August 10, 2020, Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko has easily won the re-election.
- Renowned Urdu poet Rahat Indori died in Indore on 11 Aug 2020. He was 70. He died due to heart attack after testing positive for corona.