Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Visits Deoghar
⇒ The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi visited to Deoghar on 12th July, 2022. The Prime Minister inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of various developmental projects worth more than Rs 16,800 crores in Deoghar.
Development projects in Deoghar:
» As a key step to provide direct connectivity to Baba Baidyanath Dham, which is an important religious destination for devotees from all over the country, the Prime Minister inaugurated the Deoghar Airport.
- It has been constructed at an estimated cost of around Rs 400 crore. The Terminal Building of the airport is equipped to handle over five lakhs passengers annually.
» AIIMS in Deoghar is a boon for the healthcare sector of the entire region. The services at AIIMS Deoghar will get a further boost as the Prime Minister has dedicated to the nation the In-Patient Department (IPD) and Operation Theatre services at AIIMS, Deoghar. The Prime Minister had laid the foundation of AIIMS Deoghar on 25th March 2018.
» The Prime Minister’s commitment is to develop world class infrastructure at places of religious importance across the country and improve facilities to the tourists in all such places.
- To give a further boost to this, as the components of project “Development of Baidyanath Dham, Deoghar” were inaugurated. It was sanctioned under the PRASAD Scheme of the Ministry of Tourism. The new amenities will further enrich the tourism experience for lakhs of devotees who visit Baba Baidyanath Dham.
» The Prime Minister inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of multiple road projects worth more than Rs 10,000 crores. The projects that were inaugurated include six laning of Gorhar to Barwada section of NH-2; widening of Rajganj – Chas upto West Bengal border section of NH-32 among others.
- The major projects whose foundation stone were laid include four laning of Mirzachowki- Farakka section of NH-80; four laning of Hariharganj to Parwa More section of NH-98; four laning of Palma to Gumla section of NH-23; Elevated corridor of Kutchery Chowk to Piska More section of NH-75 among others.
» The Prime Minister also inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of various energy infrastructure projects around Rs 3000 crore for the region. Projects that were inaugurated include the Bokaro – Angul section of Jagdishpur-Haldia-Bokaro-Dhamra pipeline of GAIL; New LPG Bottling plant of HPCL at Barhi, Hazaribagh and Bokaro LPG Bottling plant of BPCL. Foundation stone of Parbatpur Gas Collecting Station, Jharia Block, Coal Bed Methane (CBM) Asset of ONGC were laid.
» The Prime Minister dedicated two Railway projects viz Godda – Hansdiha Electrified Section and Garhwa-Mahuria Doubling project to the nation.
» The Prime Minister also laid the foundation stone for three Railway projects viz Redevelopment of Ranchi railway station; Jasidih Bypass Line and LHB Coach Maintenance Depot, Godda.
Two-day Regional Conference on the theme “Bringing Citizens, Entrepreneurs and Government Closer for Good Governance”
⇒ A two-day Regional Conference on the theme “Bringing Citizens, Entrepreneurs and Government Closer for Good Governance” held at Bengaluru from 11 July 2022.
The Regional Conference was organized by the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances in collaboration with Government of Karnataka.
- The conference was an effort to bring the Government and Citizens closer through various administrative reforms at centre, state and district level.
Union Minister of State (I/C) Science & Technology; Minister of State (I/C) Earth Sciences; MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh and Shri Basavaraj Bommai, Chief Minister, Government of Karnataka graced the valedictory session on 12th of July.
During the 2-day event, presentations made in six sessions:
- Administrative Reforms
- The Outside in View: Private Sector & Good Governance
- Replication of Best Practices
- Administrative Reforms in States
- Benchmarking Governance and
- Start-ups and Experiments in Good Governance
Construction of Taranga Hill-Ambaji- Abu Road New Rail Line
⇒ The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the construction of Taranga Hill-Ambaji- Abu Road new rail line to be constructed by Ministry of Railways at an estimated cost of Rs.2798.16 crore.
- This railway new line between Taranga Hill-Ambaji- Abu Road will connect these two important religious sports with railway’s main network.
- The total length of the new rail line will be 116.65 kms.
- The project will be completed by 2026-27.
- The project will generate direct employment during construction for about 40 lakh mandays.
- Ambaji is a famous important pilgrimage destination and is one of the 51 Shaktipeeths in India and attracts millions of devotees from Gujarat as well as other parts of the country and abroad every year.
- Further, the devotees visiting the Ajitnath Jain temple (one of the 24 holy Jain Tirthankaras) at Taranga Hill would also be greatly benefitted by this connectivity.
6th National Conclave on Mines and Minerals
⇒ Union Home and Cooperation Minister Shri Amit Shah addressed the 6th National Conclave on Mines and Minerals organized as part of AKAM Iconic week celebrations by the Mines ministry on 12 July 2022.
Union Home and Cooperation Minister said that with 8.2% growth, India is at present one of the fastest growing economies in the world and the coal and mines sector of the country is contributing considerably to the present economic growth.
Rashtriya Khanij Vikas Puraskar:
» During the 6th National Conclave of Mines and Minerals the first ever national level award Rashtriya Khanij Vikas Puraskar were conferred to the best performing States in mining.
- Giving away of incentives to mineral rich states for auctioning of mineral blocks were some of the highlights of the one-day conclave.
» Rashtriya Khanij Vikas Puraskar was given away in three different categories. The States of Odisha, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Gujrat and Rajasthan bagged the coveted award for excellence in mining sector.
» Awards for 5-Star Rated mines for the year 2020-21 to promote sustainable mining, National Geo Science Awards-2019 for contributions in the field of fundamental/applied geosciences, mining and allied areas were also given away in the conclave.
» 59 fresh blocks were presented to the State Governments and 29 fresh coal blocks to the Ministry of Coal.
» Ministry of Mines also launched three modules of Mining Tenement System (MTS) developed by Indian Bureau of Mines (IBM) which would facilitate the stake holders in submission of online application of registrations, monthly, annual statutory returns and mining plan.
Dhammacakka Day 2022
⇒ The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind addressed the Dhammacakka Day 2022 celebrations at Sarnath, Uttar Pradesh on July 13, 2022 through a video message. Every year Dhammacakka Day is celebrated on the Āshaḍha Pūrṇima.
- The Ministry of Culture in association with the International Buddhist Confederation celebrated the Āshaḍha Pūrṇima Divas, as part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
About Dhammacakka Day:
» Dhammacakka Day commemorates the Bhagavan Buddha’s First Dhamma Discourse:
“DHAMMACAKKA PAVATTANA SUTTA” (SETTING IN MOTION THE WHEEL OF TRUTH) & BEGINNING OF VASSAVASA
» THE DHAMMACAKKA PAVATTANA SUTTA is the first discourse that Bhagavan Buddha delivered at the historic Sage’s Landing Retreat (Isipatana), in modern Sarnath, near Varanasi. This Sutta is the quintessence of the Dhamma.
» It is also known as Guru Purnima, because Lord Buddha gave the first sermon on the full moon day and became the teacher-Guru of gods and men.