- The 13th edition of Bengaluru International Arts Festival (BIAF) 2020 is being virtually organised from 09 October to 18 October, 2020. BIAF has chosen the theme “Celebrating Harmony Through Arts” for this year. Normally it held for nine days at nine venues within the city. BIAF aim for the year 2020 is to support the artist community during in the light of the ongoing pandemic.
- The fourth annual Martha Farrell Award presented, on 10 October 2020 by “Martha Farrell Foundation and Participatory Research in Asia” with support from Anantapur-based “Rural Development Trust”.
In the Individual Category: Activist Mamta Singh from Uttar Pradesh, for her work of empowering survivors of gender-based violence across Unnao, Hardoi and Sitapur.
In the Organisation Category: Rural and Environment Development Society (REDS) from Andhra Pradesh, for their work in championing the women agricultural workers’ rights.
- Poet Ezhacheri Ramachandran won 44th edition of Vayalar Ramavarma Memorial Literary award for his collection of poems “Oru Virginian Veyilkalam”.
- On 10 October 2020, Novelist S. L. Bhyrappa was conferred the prestigious Dr. Kota Shivaram Karanth Huttoora Prashasti – 2020.
- Malayalam poet Akkitham Achuthan Namboothiri has been conferred with the 55th Jnanpith award for his contribution to literature on 24th September 2020. He was presented the award by Kerala Culture Minister A K Balan.
- Kani Kusruti has won best actress award in the BRICS competition at the 42nd Moscow Film Festival. She got the award for her performance in filmmaker Sajin Baabu’s Biriyaani.
42nd Moscow Film Festival was held in Moscow & organised from 01 October to 08 October, 2020.
- Artist M Dileef launched his cartoon book called “I Can’t Breathe” at an exhibition in Kozhikode, Kerala. M Dileef produced this cartoon book, in six months of lockdown, which is 400 metres long, features 800 different frames and weighs 75 kilograms.
- Fino Payments Bank will set up 20,000 “human ATMs” in State of Andhra Pradesh, to reach out to a majority of the villages. Fino Payments Bank senior divisional head Biswajeet Sinha said on 08th October, 2020. The Fino banking points will include the owners of kirana stores, mobile repair shops, dairy outlets and others & they act as “human ATMs” and provide banking services to the customers.
- Savithri Vaithi, founder of Vishranthi old age home, died in Chennai due to cardiac arrest on 10 October 2020. She was 90.
- Ananthakrishna, former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Karnataka Bank Ltd, died in Mangaluru on 11 October 2020. He was 74.