⇒ Recently, Shri Neeraj Sinha, Additional Director General, Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) and Prof Anil D. Sahasrabudhe, Chairman, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) jointly launched MANTHAN-2021.
Manthan- 2021 is being organized by Bureau of Police Research and Development in coordination with the Innovation Cell of the Ministry of Education and AICTE.
Hackathon “MANTHAN 2021” is a unique national initiative to identify innovative concepts and technology solutions for addressing the security challenges of the 21st century faced by our intelligence agencies.
Manthan 2021 consisting two phases:
- In the first phase, participants are expected to submit their concepts against the problem statements which they wish to solve on the portal.
- The Grand Finale or the 2nd round is scheduled from 28 November to 01 December, 2021. During the Grand Finale, selected participants are expected to build the solution to demonstrate their concepts.
- » Participants are expected to develop digital solutions under 6 themes for 20 different challenge statements.
- » It is expected to develop digital solutions for the ever-changing security related challenges using new technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Augmented Reality, Machine Learning etc.
- » The ever-changing security related challenges include photo/video analysis, Fake Content Identification along with the information of creator, predictive Cyber Crime data analytics, etc.
Sahitya Akademi 2020 Awards for Odia and Malayalam Languages
⇒ Recently, Sahitya Akademi announced the 2020 awards for works in Odia and Malayalam languages.
For Odia Language:
Yashodhara Mishra was awarded for her work Samudrakula Ghara.
For Malayalam Language:
Omcherry NN Pillai was awarded for his work Akasmikam Omcheriyute Ormmakkurippukal.
Book 'Back to the Roots'
⇒ Recently, actress Tamannaah Bhatia launched her book ‘Back to the Roots’, which promotes ancient Indian practices. The book is co-authored by Lifestyle coach Luke Coutinho. The book has been published by Penguin Random House India (PRHI).
Mobile App launched by Life Insurance Corporation of India
⇒ Mobile App for Agents and Intermediaries:
Recently, Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has launched Ananda Mobile App for Agents and Intermediaries.
“Atma Nirbhar Agents New Business Digital Application”, the digital paperless solution for new business processes in LIC has now been provided a new dimension with the launch of Ananda mobile app.
Using this app, the paperless KYC process can be done, using Aadhaar based e-authentication of the life proposed.
Mobile App for Development Officers:
Recently, Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has launched a new mobile app ‘PRAGATI’ for exclusive use of its Development Officers.
PRAGATI (Performance Review Application, Growth And Trend Indicator) is a comprehensive mobile application.
The app gives near real-time information on performance of their agency force in critical areas of business like premium collection and agency activisation, apart from monitoring the team in activities such as usage of agents mobile app and NACH validations.
'Operation Devi Shakti'
⇒ Ministry of External Affairs, Govt of India called India’s evacuation mission from Afghanistan named ‘Operation Devi Shakti’. In this context, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar tweeted.
On August 16, India started evacuating its citizens after the Taliban took control of Kabul, Afghanistan’s capital.
UNESCAP Regional Conversation Series 2021: Ministerial Panel on Disaster, Climate and Health Resilience
⇒ Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri Nityanand Rai attended the UNESCAP Regional Conversation Series 2021: Ministerial Panel on Disaster, Climate and Health Resilience, on 25 August 2021.
The conference was also attended by ministers from Australia, China, Indonesia, Japan, the Maldives, Papua New Guinea and Thailand.
This Regional Ministerial Conversation aims to discuss the challenges and opportunities emerging from the integration of health preparedness into disaster resilience strategies, as well as the integration of disaster risk reduction principles into the health sector.
Addressing the UNESCAP Regional Conversation Series 2021, Shri Nityanand Rai said:
» Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi always believes in working in and with cooperation with the world.
» In March this year, during the International Conference on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (ICDRI), Prime Minister Modi called for a need to foster a global ecosystem that supports innovation in all parts of the world.
» Over the past six years, India has been increasingly promoting regional co-operation for disaster risk reduction within frameworks like SAARC, BIMSTEC, Shanghai Cooperation Organization, Indian Ocean Rim Association, Forum for India Pacific Island Cooperation among others.
2021 Global Crypto Adoption Index
⇒ According to the 2021 Global Crypto Adoption Index by blockchain data platform Chainalysis, India has been ranked second in the global cryptocurrency adoption index. 154 countries have been ranked in the report.
The ranking was based on the three metrics:
- Peer-to-peer (P2P) exchange trading volume
- On-chain retail value received
- On-chain value received
- The report showed that worldwide crypto adoption grew over 881% in the last year, while global adoption has grown by over 2,300% since the third quarter of 2019.
- Vietnam was at the top of the ranking.
- India has been ranked second in the global cryptocurrency adoption index. India also ranked highly on P2P exchange trade volumes.
- The Pakistan and Ukraine have been ranked third and fourth respectively.
- The US and China’s ranking was eighth and thirteenth respectively.
Former India footballer, O Chandrasekharan
⇒ Former India footballer O Chandrasekharan, popularly known as Olympian Chandrasekharan passed away on 24 August 2021 in Kochi. He was 86.
Chandrasekharan, who played as a defender, was a member of the Indian team in the 1960 Rome Olympics. Chandrasekharan was also part of Indian teams that won gold in the 1962 Asian Games, silver in the 1964 AFC Asian Cup, silver in the Merdeka Tournament (1959 and 1964).