FinTech Hackathon “Sprint04: Market-Tech”
⇒ International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) launched the FinTech Hackathon “Sprint04: Market-Tech” on 4 December 2021. It is being conducted virtually and be open to eligible FinTechs from across the Globe.
- This hackathon is focused on the Capital Market Segment and is one of its kind being backed by a Regulator.
Sprint04: Market-Tech is hosted by IFSCA and GIFT city in collaboration with NSE. The Partners to the Hackathon are Zerodha, PWC, ChainFlux, Talent-Sprint, iCreate, IIM-B (NSRCEL), and Invest-India.
The problem statements for this Hackathon are:
(a) Solutions for promoting Retail Capital Market Products at GIFT IFSC
(b) Solutions for encouraging participation of banks, institutional investors, and retail investors in green finance products at GIFT-IFSC
(c) A solution based on Distributed Ledger Technology for tokenization and fractional ownership of physical assets
(d) Innovative Solutions on Web 3.0 focusing on capital markets
(e) An innovative solution in the form of a decentralized exchange/trading platform may be designed for unlisted bonds issued in India or overseas.
Goa Electricity Mobility Promotion Policy 2021
⇒ Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant launched the Goa Electricity Mobility Promotion Policy 2021 on 04 December 2021 to promote usage of e-vehicles.
- He launched the policy at the ‘Round Table To Promote Electric Mobility’ event organized by the Ministry of Heavy Industries.
Speaking at the event, CM Sawant said:
- The policy’s main objective to launch the policy is to promote use of battery-driven vehicles and create jobs for the people of the state.
- The state government will provide subsidy to the buyers of e-vehicles, and set up charging infrastructure.
- Under the policy, subsidy would be provided for two, three and four-wheeler e-vehicles. 30 per cent for two-wheelers, 40 for three-wheelers and up to Rs 3 lakh for four wheelers. It will be given to around 400 vehicles on first-come-first-serve basis.
- The policy will lead to creation of 10,000 direct and indirect jobs in the state.
Assam's three highest civilian awards 2021
⇒ Assam’s three highest civilian awards (Assam Baibhav, Assam Saurav Assam Gaurav) for the year 2021 has been conferred on 24 January 2021.
Assam Governor Jagdish Mukhi conferred the state’s three highest civilian awards to 19 distinguished personalities for their contribution to the fields of philanthropy, education, administration, health, entrepreneurship, academia, sports, among others.
Sergey Esenin Award Winner
⇒ The 12th annual Russian Language and Literature Festival was held in Thiruvananthapuram at the Russian House on 03 December 2021.
- The 12th annual Russian Language and Literature Festival was hosted by the Russian House.
- The Sergey Esenin Award was instituted by the Russian House and the Moscow State Esenin Museum.
Sergey Esenin Award Winner:
Novelist, poet and translator Venu V Desam has been awarded the Sergey Esenin Award during the Russian Language and Literature Festival. The Consul General of the Russian Federation in Southern India Mr Oleg N Avdeev presented the award.
Desam was selected for the award considering his contribution popularising Russian Literature in India through translations.
He has translated major novels and short stories of Mikhail Dostoevsky. He has also translated Leo Tolstoy and Anton Chekhov.
Asian Academy Creative Awards 2021
⇒ The Asian Academy Creative Awards 2021 has been announced on 2 December 2021 in Singapore.
This is Asia-Pac’s most prestigious awards for creative excellence. The awards gala honoured people in the creative field working across various platforms from the Asia-Pacific region.
Several Indian titles and artists won big at the Asian Academy Creative Awards.
Best Actress in a Leading Role:
Konkona Sen Sharma – Ajeeb Daastaans: Geeli Pucchi (Dharmatic / Netflix)
Best Actress in a Supporting Role:
Amruta Subhash – Bombay Begums (Endermol Shine India/Endeavor Content/Chernin Entertainment/ Netflix)
Best Original Programme by a Streamer/OTT:
Mirzapur S 2 (Amazon Prime Video)
Best Original Screenplay:
Umesh Bist – Pagglait (Balaji Productions and Sikhya Entertainment /Netflix)
Best Branded Programme or Series:
Cruising Legends: Dawn Patrol (MX Player)
Best Single News Story/Report:
India’s Covid-19 Crisis (BBC World News)
Pagglait (Balaji Productions and Sikhya Entertainment / Netflix)