53rd Edition of IHGF Delhi Fair 2022
⇒ Union Minister of State for Textiles & Railways, Smt Darshana V Jardosh, inaugurated the 53rd Edition of IHGF Delhi Fair 2022 on 30 March 2022.
The 53rd edition of IHGF-DELHI FAIR –2022 was held from 30th March to 3rd April 2022 at India Expo Centre & Mart, Greater Noida Expressway.
The 53rd edition of one of the world’s largest handicrafts fairs – IHGF-Delhi fair was organized by EPCH (Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts).
- EPCH is a nodal agency for promoting exports of handicrafts from the Country to various destinations of the world and projecting India’s image abroad as reliable supplier of high quality of handicrafts goods & services.
- IHGF Delhi Fair is organized by EPCH twice every year in Spring and Autumn editions.
- The IHGF-Delhi Fair was spread across 15 halls and 900 Permanent Showrooms at the India Expo Centre & Mart. It was open to overseas buyers, buying and sourcing consultants as well as large domestic volume retail buyers.
- Approximately 4856 buyers and buying representatives from 92 countries visited the fair that resulted in business enquiries worth Rs.3650 crores.
- Buyers visited from USA, UK, UAE, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Austria, Belgium, Greece, Italy, Sweden, Spain, Russia, Japan, Australia, China, Singapore, South Africa, Israel, etc.
The IHGF Delhi Fair concluded with a Valedictory Ceremony and Best Display Awards.
The Ajai Shankar and P N Suri Memorial Awards for Best Design Display were given in the six product categories. A special category award was also given.
Red Fort Festival - Bharat Bhagya Vidhata
⇒ The ten-day mega Red Fort Festival – Bharat Bhagya Vidhata, was held at the iconic 17th- century monument, Red Fort in Delhi from 25th March to 3rd April, 2022.
Union Minister for Women and Child Development Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani inaugurated the festival on 25 March 2022.
- Red Fort Festival – Bharat Bhagya Vidhata promotes heritage conservation and tourism of India.
The Red Fort mega festival-Bharat Bhagya Vidhata has been organized by Ministry of Culture as part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- The Ministry of Culture, Government of India, along with Red Fort’s “Monument Mitra”, Dalmia Bharat Ltd have conceptualized the mega event as a part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
The festival featured a wide range of experiences- “Matrubhumi” –Projection Mapping Show, YATRA – A 360° immersive experience, a Cultural Parade, Khao Galli, Live performances at Rang Manch, Dances of India, AnokheVastra, Khel Manch and Khel Gaon and Yoga on the Go.
Some of the rich arts, crafts and textiles showcased at the Red Fort Festival includes:
- Gujarat: Ajrakh, Patan Patola, Mashru, Bandhani and Bhujodi handlooms
- West Bengal: Ikat sarees from Telangana; Tangail & Jamdani weaves
- Andhra Pradesh: Mangalagiri and Uppada Pattu designs as well as its Etikoppaka and Kondapalli toys
- Kashmir: Sozni Embroidery and paper mache
- Weaves From Nagaland and Assam: Chizami and Saneki
- Odisha: Fabrics such as Kotpad, Bandha, Maheshwari, Chanderi as well its Dhokra and tribal jewellery and Pattachitra art
- Madhya Pradesh: Bagh Prints, Chanderi and Bhil Pithora and Gond Tribal art Paintings
- Jharkhand: Tussar Silk
- Maharashtra: Paithani, Karvath Kati Prints, EcoKaari items and its infamous Warli Folk Art
- Rajasthan: Pichwai & Phad Paintings and Dabu, Lehariya, Dastkar Ranthambhore and Shibori Prints as well as Patwa Jewellery, leather craft and Shyamota Black Pottery
- Bihar: Madhubani art; Embroidaries include Sujani
» The Red Fort Festival – Bharat Bhagya Vidhata witnessed a massive footfall of more than 1,50,000 visitors over a period of 10 days.
Hungary Parliamentary Elections 2022
⇒ Parliamentary elections 2022 were held in Hungary on 3 April 2022.
Hungary’s incumbent prime minister Viktor Orbán declared victory in the parliamentary elections. Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban won for the fourth time in a row.
20th edition of the Indo-French bilateral Naval exercise ‘Varuna-2022’
⇒ The 20th edition of the Bilateral Naval Exercise between Indian and French Navies – ‘VARUNA’ was conducted in the Arabian Sea from 30 March to 03 April 2022.
Various units including ships, submarines, maritime patrol aircraft, fighter aircraft and helicopters of the two navies participated in the exercise.
The tactical sea phase of the exercise laid primary focus on advanced anti-submarine warfare tactics, gunnery shoots, seamanship evolutions, tactical manoeuvres and extensive air operations.
The final phase of the exercise progressed with tapered focus on advanced anti-submarine warfare (ASW) exercises.
» INS Chennai with Sea King Mk 42B, maritime patrol aircraft P8i, French Navy frigate FS Courbet, support vessel FS Loire, and other units exercised on full spectrum of ASW operations.
- The Bilateral Naval Exercises between the two Navies were initiated in 1993. The exercise was christened as ‘VARUNA’ in 2001.
- The exercise reflected high synergy and mutual understanding between the Indian Navy and French Navy that will bolster their ability to undertake joint operations in maritime theatre, when required.
World Health Day 2022
⇒ World Health Day (WHD) is observed every year on 07 April to mark the anniversary of the foundation day of World Health Organization (WHO).
Every year a different theme is selected keeping in mind the global public health concern.
- The theme for World Health Day 2022 was “Our Planet, Our Health”.
» World Health Day aims to raise awareness about the ongoing health issues that concern people across the world.
- The WHO was founded on 07 April 1948, with the principle that all people should be able to realize their right to the highest possible level of health.
- The first World Health Day was celebrated on 7 April 1950.