- On 15 Aug 2020, Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel announced a Student oriented scheme “Padhai Tuhar Para” to help student during suspension of class due to corona outbreak.
- On 15 Aug 2020, Prime Minister Narendra Modi mentioned about the mega plan of “One Sun, One World, One Grid” (OSOWOG) or a trans-national electricity grid supplying solar power across the globe. In Draft plan prepared by the MNRE, OSOWOG plan will connect 140 countries through a common grid & it will be used to transfer solar power.
The plan has three phases:
- Connect the Indian grid with the Middle East, South Asia and South-East Asian grids to share solar and other renewable energy resources.
- Connect the first phase nations with the African pool of renewable sources.
- Step of global interconnection for solar power.
- On 20th August 2020, Ministry of Tourism organised its 50th webinar titled “Atmanirbhar Bharat – Issues confronting Tourism & Travel” under Dekho Apna Desh Webinar Series. The webinar presented the MSME sector and its classification, registration process for MSMEs, credit/Finance Schemes of Ministry of MSME for services sector, Public procurement policy etc.
- National Fertilizers Limited, Vijaipur, MP is going to set up an Organic Waste Converter (OWC) Plant. Project aims to recycle around 2000 Kg per day of biodegradable waste generated in township. Organic Waste Converter will convert biodegradable waste into compost in 10 days.
- President Ram Nath Kovind appointed Rajiv Kumar as the new Election Commissioner on 21 Aug 2020. He will join the office on 31 Aug. He is a retired IAS officer.
- Retired Air Vice Marshal, Arjun Subramaniam has unveiled a book titled “Full Spectrum: India’s Wars, 1972-2020”. This is a sequel to his first book, “India’s Wars: A Military History, 1947-1971”.
- Lewis Hamilton won Spanish Grand Prix 2020, which takes place over 66 laps of the 4.655-kilometre Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya on 16 Aug 2020. Lewis Hamilton is a British racing driver currently in the Mercedes – AMG Petronas Formula One Team.
- A pair of gold-plated glasses worn by Mahatma Gandhi has sold in Britain for £2,60,000 (about 288,000 euros, $3,40,000) at East Bristol Auction house on 21 Aug 2020.
- On 15 Aug 2020, Punjab National Bank launched a campaign “DIGITAL APNAYEN” to encourage customers to use digital banking channels. The campaign launched on the occasion of Independence Day will end on 31 March 2021. Under this campaign, PNB will contribute RS 5 towards the PM Cares Fund on behalf of each customer who conducting the first financial transaction to activate their RuPay Debit card either on point of sale (PoS) or e-commerce platform.
- ICICI Lombard General Insurance will acquire Bharti Enterprises-promoted Bharti AXA General Insurance. ICICI Lombard General Insurance said we entered into a definitive agreement, after meeting held on 21 Aug 2020.