Inauguration of Narendra Modi Stadium:
- President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the newly revamped Motera cricket stadium, the largest cricket ground in the world, in Ahmedabad on 24 February 2021.
The name of stadium has been renamed after Prime Minister Narendra Modi, known as ‘Narendra Modi Stadium’. This stadium was earlier named the Sardar Patel Stadium, and more popularly known as the Motera stadium.
The Narendra Modi Stadium has capacity of 1,32,000 people to watch cricket.
Mobile Application for PMSVANidhi se Samriddhi:
- Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) launched the Mobile Application for PMSVANidhi se Samriddhi- Socio-economic profiling of PM SVANidhi beneficiaries and their families to link them to various Central Government Schemes.
A mobile application under PMSVANidhi se Samriddhi was launched on 4 February 2021, to assist city officials to conduct door to door data collection.
Chairman of the National Safety Council:
- The Ministry of Labour & Employment has appointed Shri S N Subrahmanyan, CEO and Managing Director of L&T Ltd, as the Chairman of the National Safety Council for a period of three years.
Chief Secretary of Tamil Nadu:
- A 1985-batch IAS officer, Shri Rajeev Ranjan on 1 February 2021 took over as Chief Secretary of Tamil Nadu.
Geological Park in Thiruvakkarai:
- Tamil Nadu Law Minister C Ve Shanmugam on 31 January 2021 laid the foundation stone for a Geological park at Thiruvakkarai in Villupuram district.
The park will be built at a cost of Rs 5 crore by the Public Works Department. The Geological Park will include a museum, library, and auditorium, which is located in an expanse of 50.15 hectares.
General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam:
- Vietnam’s ruling Communist Party chief, Nguyen Phu Trong, 76 years-old, has been re-elected as General Secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam, at the 13th National Congress, for a third five-year term. Mr. Trong is also the current President of Vietnam, who was elected by the National Assembly in October 2018.
World Cancer Day 2021:
- World Cancer Day is celebrated every year on 4th February. This is the global uniting initiative led by the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC).
The theme of the 2021 World Cancer Day was ‘I Am and I Will’.