Animal Husbandry Startup Grand Challenge 2.0
⇒ The Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying, in partnership with Startup India, launched the second edition of ‘Animal Husbandry Startup Grand Challenge’ at an event celebrating ‘National Milk Day’ in Anand, Gujarat to commemorate the birth centenary of Dr. Varghese Kurien.
- Animal Husbandry Startup Grand Challenge 2.0 was launched by the Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Shri Parshottam Rupala.
The aim is to scout for innovative and commercially viable solutions to address six problems faced by the animal husbandry and dairy sector.
» Themes for Challenges: Animal Husbandry
Six Problem Statement:
- Cost-effective, Long-term, and User-friendly Alternatives for Storage and Supply of Semen Doses
- Development of Cost-effective Animal Identification (RFID) and Traceability Technology
- Development of Heat Detection Kits
- Development of Pregnancy Diagnosis Kits for Dairy Animals
- Improvement of existing milk supply-chain from village collection centre to the dairy plant
- Development of Low-cost Cooling and Milk Preservation System and a Data Logger
» The first edition of the challenge was launched by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, on 11th September 2019 at a national animal disease control programme in Mathura.
Collaboration between BPCL and Fortune Global 500 Company abd BARC
⇒ Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), a ‘Maharatna’ and a Fortune Global 500 Company has collaborated with Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) to scale-up Alkaline Electrolyser technology for Green Hydrogen production.
- Presently, Electrolyser Plants are imported.
This is a first of its kind initiative to support the country’s commitment to achieve renewable energy targets and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Refineries use large quantities of Hydrogen for de-sulfurization to make petrol, diesel and other chemicals.
- Currently, Hydrogen is made at the Refinery via Steam Reforming of Natural gas, but this results in high CO2 emission.
- Therefore, Refiners are setting up large scale electrolysers to produce Green Hydrogen from water and thereby decarbonize Hydrogen production.
Adani Green Energy inks a pact with Solar Energy Corporation of India
⇒ Adani Green Energy (AGEL) has inked a pact with state run Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) to supply 4667 MW of green energy in December 2021.
The AGEL-SECI agreement to supply 4,667 MW is part of a manufacturing-linked solar tender of 8,000 MW awarded to AGEL by SECI in June 2020, which set a record for being the world’s largest solar development tender ever awarded.
"Dilli Ki Yogshala" programme
⇒ Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on launched the “Dilli Ki Yogshala” programme on 13 December 2021.
It aims to help the city residents practise yoga regularly under the guidance of trained teachers.
A mobile phone number was launched by the chief minister on which people can give a missed call and get the guidance of yoga teachers. A website ‘dillikiyogshala.com’ was also launched on the occasion.
ABU Robocon 2022
⇒ ABU Robocon 2021 was hosted by China wherein the international Robocon contest was held on December 12, 2021.
- Doordarshan will host the International Finals of Robocon 2022 in August next year.
On behalf of Prasar Bharati, Board member Shaina NC received the ABU Robocon Flag from Shandong Radio & TV Station China, to host ABU Robocon 2022 international contest in New Delhi in August 2022.
» A two-day event was organized on 15-16 December, 2021, as a curtain raiser to DD Robocon 2022.
Theme of DD Robocon 2022: Lagori
- Started by Asia-Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) in 2002, ABU Robocon pits Robots against each other in completion of a task in a given period of time.
- According to ABU Robocon, the contest aims to create friendship among young people with similar interests who will lead their countries in the 21st century, as well as help advance engineering and broadcasting technologies in the region.
2021–22 Vijay Hazare Trophy
⇒ The 2021–22 Vijay Hazare Trophy was the 20th season of the Vijay Hazare Trophy. The 20th season of the Vijay Hazare Trophy was played from 8 December to 26 December 2021.
The final match was played between Himachal Pradesh and Tamil Nadu at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur on 26 December 2021.
Himachal Pradesh won their first title by defeating Tamil Nadu in the final. Himachal Pradesh won by 11 runs (VJD Method).
- Vijay Hazare Trophy is a List A cricket tournament in India and is also known as the Ranji One-Day Trophy.
- Tamil Nadu is the most successful team having won the trophy 5 times.