Legion of Merit Award:
- The President of the United States of America conferred the highest decoration, The Legion of Merit, Degree Chief Commander, to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 21 December 2020.
This award is in recognition of the Prime Minister’s steadfast leadership and vision for India’s emergence as a global power, and exemplary contribution made by him for the advancement of the India-United States strategic partnership and promoting global peace and prosperity.
At the ceremony, The Legion of Merit, Degree Chief Commander, was also awarded to the Prime Minister of Australia Scott Morrison, and former Prime Minister of Japan, Shinzo Abe.
Sarojini Triloknath National Award 2020:
- The LVPEI (LV Prasad Eye Institute) Institute bags ‘Sarojini Triloknath National Award 2020’ in the best institution category, for Vision Rehabilitation. This award was presented by National Association for the Blind, Delhi in the virtual ceremony on December 5, 2020.
The Greenberg Prize-End Blindness 2020:
- The LV Prasad Eye Institute (LVPEI) bags the unique global award ‘The Greenberg Prize-End Blindness 2020’, in the ‘Outstanding Achievement Prize’ category on December 15, 2020. The award has been shared with Madurai-based Aravind Eye Care System in India. LVPEI Institute & Aravind Eye Care System received this award for the initiative taken by them to eliminate blindness.
“JSA II: Catch the Rain” Awareness Generation Campaign:
- National Water Mission(NWM), Ministry of Jal Shakti in collaboration with Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS), Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports launched the “JSA II: Catch the Rain” Awareness Generation Campaign on December 21, 2020. It will cover 623 districts across the nation from December 2020 to March 2021.
Army chief General three-day visit to South Korea:
- Army chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane is on a three-day visit to South Korea from 28 December to 30 December, 2020, to bolster military cooperation with the East Asian country.
During the visit, He will also visit the Korea Combat Training Centre in Inje County in Gangwon and the Agency for Defence Development (ADD) at Daejeon.
Australian Cricket’s Hall of Fame:
- The first indigenous player Johnny Mullagh, the star of the first Australian Aboriginal team of 19th century to be inducted into the Australian Cricket’s Hall of Fame.
- Defence minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the advanced Hypersonic Wind Tunnel test facility in Hyderabad on December 19, 2020. The state-of-the-art facility is pressure vacuum driven enclosed free jet facility with nozzle exit of one-meter diameter.
With this India has become the third country to have such a huge facility in size and capability after America and Russia.
- The life-size bronze statue of former President of India A P J Abdul Kalam will be unveiled by Telangana transport minister Puvvada Ajay Kumar in Mustafanagar on December 30, 2020. Late A P J Abdul Kalam popularly known as “Missile Man” of India.