Merger of the Lok Sabha TV and the Rajya Sabha TV
- The merger of the Lok Sabha TV and the Rajya Sabha TV has been finalised. It will be replaced by a single entity ‘Sansad TV’.
Under the banner of “Sansad TV”, Lok Sabha TV will continue to telecast live proceedings of the Lok Sabha, and Rajya Sabha TV that of the Rajya Sabha.
Retired IAS officer Ravi Capoor has been appointed as the Chief Executive Officer of the channel, on March 1, 2021.
'India Telecom 2021': International Business Expo
- ‘India Telecom 2021’, an Exclusive International Business Expo was held virtually on March 3 & 4, 2021.
India Telecom 2021 is a platform for convergence of technologies and business exchange.
TEPC (Telecom Equipment Export Promotion Council) organized the ‘India Telecom 2021’, under Market Access Initiative Scheme of Department of Commerce, Govt of India and with support of Department of Telecommunications & Ministry of External Affairs.
This annual event was inaugurated by Shri Sanjay Shamrao Dhotre, Minister for State for Communications, Education and Electronics & Information Technology on March 3, 2021.
More than 1,000 delegates, out of whom more than 200 are foreign delegates from more than 45 countries, attended India Telecom 2021.
Telecom Equipment Export Promotion Council (TEPC) has been set up by the Ministry of Commerce & Industry and Ministry of Communications, Government of India to promote and develop of Export of Telecom Equipment and Services.
MD and CEO of DCI
- G Y V Victor assumed charge as Managing Director and CEO of Dredging Corporation of India Limited, on 1 March 2021.
MoU between India and French Republic in the field of renewable energy cooperation approved
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi was apprised of the signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and French Republic in the field of renewable energy cooperation. The MoU was signed in January 2021.
The objective of the MoU is to establish the basis for promotion of bilateral cooperation in the field of new and renewable energy on the basis of mutual benefit, equality and reciprocity.
It covers technologies relating to solar, wind, hydrogen and biomass energy.
Memorandum of Understanding between the Republic of India and Republic of Fiji
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has approved the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare of the Republic of India and Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Fiji.
The MoU is signed for cooperation in the field of Agriculture and Allied Sectors. This MoU will remain in force for a period of five years from date of signing.
Some area of cooperation, which is included in MoU between India and Fiji:
- Exchange of research personnel, scientific experts, specialists, and technical trainees
- Development of infrastructure for agriculture development
- Promotion of direct trade of agriculture products through market access
- Promotion of joint ventures between private sectors of both countries
WAN IFRA’s South Asian Digital Media Awards 2020
- At WAN IFRA’s South Asian Digital Media Awards, WAN-IFRA named The Hindu Group as ‘Champion Publisher of the Year 2020’. The awards were presented in recognition of outstanding work done by news publishers, in digital media.
The winners were honored virtually at the Digital Media India 2021 Conference held on 3 March 2021. Read More About Award Winners
President Joe Biden's Education Secretary:
- The US Senate confirmed Miguel Cardona as President Joe Biden’s education secretary on 01 March 2021.
World Wildlife Day 2021
- World Wildlife Day is celebrated on March 3 every year. This is to commemorating the day of the signing of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora in 1973.
The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) celebrating the World Wildlife day every year to raise awareness about global wildlife and plants.
The World Wildlife Day 2021 was celebrated under the theme “Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet”.
The significance of the theme was to highlight the central role of forests, forest species and ecosystems services in sustaining the livelihoods of hundreds of millions of people globally.