New Launches of Govt.:
- The Ministry of AYUSH launched a three-month campaign on “Ayush for Immunity” 14 August 2020 through webinar. The Webinar was staged on Ayush Virtual Convention Centre (AVCC), the new digital communication platform of the Ministry.
- Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Kiren Rijiju launched the Fit India Freedom Run through an online programme on 14 August 2020. Participants can run at their own place (wherever they are) and at their own pace (at a time convenient to them) between August 15, the Independence Day and October 2, the 151st Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- NITI Aayog in collaboration with “NASSCOM” launched the “ATL AI Step Up Module” for students on the eve of India’s Independence Day in order to drive AI education and innovation to the next level in schools across the country. The AI Step-up Module provides a comprehensive set of learn it yourself Advanced modules to those who wish to expand their knowledge base after becoming familiar with the basics of the AI discipline through the AI base module.
- Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh launched the Naval Innovation and Indigenisation Organisation (NIIO) through an online webinar. The NIIO is a three-tiered organisation.
- Uttar Pradesh Expressway Industrial Development Authority (UPEIDA)
- Raksha Shakti University (RSU), Gujarat
- Maker Village, Kochi
- Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers (SIDM).
- An Offshore Patrol Vessels (OPV) for the Indian Coast Guard was launched and re-christened as Indian Coast Guard Ship “Sarthak” on 13 Aug 2020. OPV Sarthak is the 4th in the series of five OPVs. The launching ceremony at Goa Shipyard Limited, GSL, Yard 1236, was conducted through video conferencing from Coast Guard headquarters at New Delhi.
The 4th Session of the BRICS Anti-Drug Working Group comprising of Brazil, Russia, China, South Africa and India was held on 12 Aug 2020 (this week) through video conferencing and chaired by Russia. The Indian delegation was led by Shri Rakesh Asthana, Director General, Narcotics Control Bureau.
Pune based Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, DIAT (DU) developed a Nanofibres of Ayurvedic based Biodegradable Face Mask which acts a virus neutraliser to resist against the bacteria / virus, and has named “Pavitrapati”. Another Anti-Microbial body suit launched, named “Aushada Tara”. This suit has superhydrophobic, breathing, anti-microbial, comfort feeling properties.
- Before 74th Independence Day celebrations, the Ministry of Tourism’s “Dekho Apna Desh” Webinar Series presented a webinar titled “Lesser known stories of India’s struggle against the British” on 12th August 2020. Earlier on 10 Aug 2020 webinar titled “Cellular Jail : Letters, Memoirs & Memories” was presented. The next episode of the webinar series presented on 14 Aug titled on “Jallianwala Bagh: A turning point in the freedom struggle“.
- On second death anniversary of Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee (16 August 2020), The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind, virtually unveiled the portrait of Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee (former Prime Minister of India) at the headquarters of Indian Council for Cultural Relations. Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee served as the ex-officio President of ICCR from March 1977 to August 1979 when he was Foreign Minister.